Support

Open search

Smart View does not connect - "Something went wrong. Please try again"

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Maxim

Regarding "5... Connect to the TV by pulling out the charm bar", does this require Miracast? (My machine doesn't support).

If i click on Connect from the Charm bar, Samsung doesn't appear as an option.

Highlighted

One of the weirdest thing i've seen in 2019 soon 2020 is the facility how LG Smartshare connect to everything. 
This is not a joke, even if you don't have any LG devices, try to go with this software instead of the Samsung version. It work like a charm and it was for me a big headache relief.

Highlighted
First Poster

I understand that then but then why have an App and instructions claiming to be able to do it? Just say 'Sorry, you can't do that on our TV's'

Highlighted
First Poster

I found something that works. It's a free app called Serviio. After enabling the app on my desktop computer, which is connected to the router via an ethernet cable, I found the server in the connections menu on the charm bar of my TV, which is connected to the same router via WiFi. It works perfectly. 

Highlighted

Hey, did you happen to find an exception to add to the firewall to stop this from happening?  

Same situation here.  If I turn off AVG Enhanced Firewall, I'm golden, but if the firewall is on, I'm blocked.

Top Liked Authors