Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View does not connect - "Something went wrong. Please try again"

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 08:29 PM)
David32
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I recently (today) bought new TV - UE55MU6172. I installed Smart View on my PC (W10) and Samsung Phone. It does work on the phone but not on my notebook. App finds the TV but when I click on it to connect it says: "Something went wrong. Please try again". Now I tried restarts and deactivating firewalls. Nothing seems to help. I noticed there is a lot of people experiencing this issue on US forums. but no tangible advice provided.

Would you please be able to help me out.

Thank a lot,

David

49 REPLIES 49
CosminU
Student
Options

I have basically the same problem, only that i'm able to find my Samsung smart TV on the laptop and start connecting to it, but then i get the attached error message on the TV.
any idea how can i solve this problem?

this is the error message i receive on my Samsung smart TV (UE40F6400AW)​​​

Bigben1285
First Poster
Options

Try this:

Window's Defender Settings > Firewall & Network Protection > Allow an app through firewall (at bottom of window) > Change Settings > Now scroll down to "Wireless Display" and check BOTH boxes for private and public.

Remove wireless tv display from settings, and then re-add your tv fresh and it should connect.

For some reason, even while on a private network Windows Defender won't allow wireless display unless it's manually added to both private and public in settings. 

Peej
First Poster
Options

Nope mine were already double-checked. It is really poor that Samsung hasn't sorted this out yet. I tried Serviio for a while and that worked well until they upgraded their version and then nothing again. Really frustrating. 

0 Likes
ezoltbn
Apprentice
Options

Hi Peej,
Send me a Private Message. I think I can help you.

0 Likes
AndrewMac
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i also bought an LG screen, works perfect compared to Samsung

0 Likes
AndrewMac
Apprentice
Options

Did it work for a couple weeks then completely stop? This is what happened to me. 

0 Likes
Peej
First Poster
Options

it's never worked for me so I installed something called Serviio. That worked OK for about a year (I only want to play a selection of home videos on the TV so I never pushed it too hard) then that stopped with a new version of Serviio. I found I could re-install the old version but it's been very flaky since, takes ages to load and some it won't load at all. What's really aggravating is this msg and its associated problems are all over the WWW but they have never seemed remotely interested in sorting out why it doesn't work. 

0 Likes
bkii
First Poster
Options

I think I figured this out. (hope everyone else did too since this thread is old)

If you open the "apps" menu from the home menu first, then connect to the windows 10 computer using the regular method (swipe in from right on windows 10, etc.) it connects.  

I think it has something to do with how the tv is using its wireless connection otherwise?? (when I try to switch to a different app on the tv while still connected to the computer it says that the wireless connection has been lost). 

Anyhow, everytime I've tried to connect after first opening the "apps" menu on the tv I've been able to connect to the computer

0 Likes
AndrewMac
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. But for me, it just doesn't see the Windows 10 as an available Resource. Frustrating as my 15 year old Trinitron did see it no problem. 

After more research, its important to realize that this is designed to be a TV. And that is how it is labelled and marketed. It is not designed to play media from a desktop/media server. So thats another problem with the Samsung's, they have limited codecs that the TV can recognize. So even connecting HDD directly via cable, Samsung's are limited in what content they can play. Regardless if its an .AVI, if its not a version Samsung likes, it won't play. 

It really is designed as a TV for Netflix, Youtube, etc. Hard lesson for me as i have a media server, i bought the wrong device. 

0 Likes
MAXIMDEWINTER
First Poster
Options

***SOLVED***

I read the forum here and worked hard to get this working. The issue is more to do with bandwidth than anything. Here's how to get this working:

1. Remove Samsung from the devices in displays (settings on windows 10)

2. Turn off firewall - windows does not like the wireless display.

3. Have NOTHING else running on your wifi (obvs be on the same connection as TV). This goes for your TV too. It must be on a screen where its not receiving wifi content.

4. Have project (in the charm bar) set to extend display.

5. IMPORTANT - have the windows display resolution screen open. Connect to the TV by pulling out the charm bar.

6. When you connect quickly turn the connection resolution on the second screen to 720p. The wifi connection can't handle 4K or 2K. You must do this quickly before the TV attempts to connect to the computer.

7. The wifi streaming will now work. It will be solid and strong. The antenna in the Samsung TV is not as good as a computer. It can't handle much.

Hope this helps. I spent a few hours configuring this. It seems to work fine now. 

0 Likes