Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV streaming applications randomly complaining for Network Connectivity

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 05:55 PM)
baxhuli
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I have a Samsung Smart TV UE32M5640 and since about two weeks I have many problems with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and also Youtube. In addition, the casting of my Samsung Galaxy phone is interrupted again and again. I tried to reset the network, unplug the power cord, troubleshoot connection issues, and press and hold the power button to reset the TV. None worked. The Smart View application can connect to the TV for only a minute or two while Smart Things always indicates that the TV is offline.

The streaming services work smoothly from my PC or phone, so I think this has nothing to do with ISP throttling.

Network status on TV always says Connected! Does anyone have any idea why this happens? Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @baxhuli! Please make sure that the TV is running on the latest software version by heading to: Menu > Settings > Support > Software update > Update now. If no update is available, can you share what is the current software version your TV is running on?

0 Likes
baxhuli
Journeyman
Options
It says that there is no new update available. I have Auto Update enabled though. Current version is 1270
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for that! Can you confirm where and when you purchased the TV and where you are located? There should be a more updated version (1280) for this TV that you can download from the Samsung website, on the TV page at the bottom. You can then transfer the software update on a USB stick and by connectiong it to the TV, the TV should automatically update. 

baxhuli
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I will try it now. I live in Vienna, Austria and the TV was bought at Saturn shop: https://www.saturn.at/
0 Likes
baxhuli
Journeyman
Options
Can you please share the link where I can download the new firmware?
0 Likes
baxhuli
Journeyman
Options
Nevermind, I found the firmware: https://www.samsung.com/at/support/model/UE32M5640AUXZG/

I did the upgrade to version 1280 but nothing changed. The situation is exactly as before. I also tried unplugging, keeping power button pressed until it resets. Also tried to Reinstall the Streaming applications, since I can't uninstall them. Even casting from my phone doesn't work, disconnects after some seconds. Any other suggestions ?
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right! In this case, I would recommend getting in touch with the Samsung technical support team in Austria to be assisted further on this. You can contact them via this link :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:.

Solution
baxhuli
Journeyman
Options
Finally fixed my problem. I noticed that by using my mobile hotspot the problem wasn't present, so I checked the router settings. My router (is a new one) was using a mixed frequency mode (2.4 & 5 GHz), both with the same SSID. I disabled this functionality and created separate SSID for each frequency mode. Connected my TV with the 2.4 GHz one and works fine.

It is strange that this was not a problem when streaming in PC or Phone, probably there is some issue or limitation in the TV.
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear you've got it fixed, @baxhuli! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes