Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV continually restarting

(Topic created on: 13-06-2018 09:41 AM)
Jimm
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully someone can help/advise on the problem I've got with my Smart TV (UE40D5520RKXXU).

A few days ago the remote was used to power the TV up but it wouldn't get passed the start-up screen switching itself off then trying to restart reaching the same point and shutting down and restarting again, this just goes on and on.

Now the power is switched off as it won't start but when the power is switched on it automatically tries to start but fails every time as above.

The TV is about 6 years old, in perfect condition, I'd like to keep it but only if it's going to cost a reasonable amount to sort out.

Last year this same thing happend and I opened the back up to have a look around to see if anything obvious was wrong and with a many power on/offs it started up, much to my surprise, so the back was re-attached and we had been using it without any problems for the last 8 months.

Could the problem be in the software or is it a power supply problem? Hopefully someone can come up with a suggestion or two.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
93 REPLIES 93
Solution
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

In this instance we wouldn't be able to resolve the issue through troubleshooting.

If your TV's out of warranty, we'd recommend contacting your nearest Service Centre. If it's still in warranty, please contact our Support Team for assistance. 

Jimm
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

An update for those that are following this post.

My TV went into the boot-loop problem for the third time and it would not come out of it so I contacted a TV repair man and he said this was a known problem with a failed 'NAND-IC' chip. The TV is currently with him and he has confirmed that my TV does have this problem, he's fixing it now.

Ironicly when dropping the TV off to him the exact same Samsung TV as mine was being picked up by another customer who also had the same problem.

I had considered sending the main board off to Europe for a fix but when my TV repair man said he wanted the whole TV as it would also need to be reprogrammed I opted to use his service.

In conclusion it would seem that there's no lucky or magical fix to this, no software issue but a hardware failure that needs a TV repair service to resolve. My repair cost will be about £84, I didn't want to throw the TV away, I thought that would be wasteful and besides the chip failure the TV is in good condition. I'm looking forward to getting in back.

Regards

Jim

MIMO-
First Poster
Options

Buna Lucian 

am si eu in Samsung smart  de 55 care de tot restarteaza si mi mai recunoaste ordinea de conectare Hdmi si nu mai recunoaste nimic din ce conectez la TV ajutama te rog ***** Info 

0 Likes
Bears9h
Apprentice
Options
Hi, our 55” has been doing this intermittently for around 6 weeks, maybe once a week until today when it has just got stuck in the loop. It is just in warranty the repair guy came out last week and tried to blame it on our Sky Q box, but it has been doing it when we watch Netflix via the tv App and sky was disconnected, they are now saying it’s the WiFi adaptor even though the tv is hardwired. Just wondered if you new which board or part was changed on yours, this does seem to be quite a common problem with Samsung TVs.
CarlH
Options

Note: we don't advise opening up your TV, *edited*

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Note: we don't advise opening up your TV, *edited*

So why do you not fix them?? ?

Lots of people seem to have this issue including my Nephew. He has got no where with Samsung support. He has given up and now turns off at the mains.  Not good. 

Paul. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hey @paul1277. If the TV is still in warranty, the TV can be repaired by one of our engineers (free of charge if there is no physical damage). If it's out of the warranty period, it will be a chargeable repair. If the TV has been tampered with or has had an unauthorised repair, the engineer won't repair it. If your nephew sends me a message on here, I will happily take a look into his case and see what has been said. Alternatively, contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we can take it from there too.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Hey @paul1277. If the TV is still in warranty, the TV can be repaired by one of our engineers (free of charge if there is no physical damage). If it's out of the warranty period, it will be a chargeable repair. If the TV has been tampered with or has had an unauthorised repair, the engineer won't repair it. If your nephew sends me a message on here, I will happily take a look into his case and see what has been said. Alternatively, contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we can take it from there too.

It was only when I saw him a few months back.  He told me it started about 6 months after purchase,  but due to him being in the army he could not sort the issue.  He did contact support and got the usual reset,  and it did not work.  He was never offered any actual resolution but try reset,  or switch everything off to power down.  He just got fed up and turned off at the mains. Thing is it does not matter if it is out of warranty if it is a known fault which considering the posters here it is then under the consumer law the retailer is still responsible upto 6 years after sale to repair. 

Bears9h
Apprentice
Options

Well my Samsung tv is supposed to be coming back this afternoon from the service centre, they reckon the reason mine was stuck in a boot loop was because of a faulty WiFi module, we’ll see how it goes when I get it back!

0 Likes
RA16
First Poster
Options

Placing the main board in the freezer works for my UA40J5200AKXZN problem of Boot Loop however the WIFI problem still not solved which i think because of hardware fail so the 2 issues are separate.

0 Likes