Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV continually restarting

(Topic created on: 03-05-2019 01:26 PM)
Jimm
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully someone can help/advise on the problem I've got with my Smart TV (UE40D5520RKXXU).

A few days ago the remote was used to power the TV up but it wouldn't get passed the start-up screen switching itself off then trying to restart reaching the same point and shutting down and restarting again, this just goes on and on.

Now the power is switched off as it won't start but when the power is switched on it automatically tries to start but fails every time as above.

The TV is about 6 years old, in perfect condition, I'd like to keep it but only if it's going to cost a reasonable amount to sort out.

Last year this same thing happend and I opened the back up to have a look around to see if anything obvious was wrong and with a many power on/offs it started up, much to my surprise, so the back was re-attached and we had been using it without any problems for the last 8 months.

Could the problem be in the software or is it a power supply problem? Hopefully someone can come up with a suggestion or two.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
93 REPLIES 93
Dbl
Apprentice
Options

I’m the first poster, and yes my TV has been working perfectly since we removed the back and blew out the interior with a compressor.  No problem whatsoever since.  There was a lot of dust around the circuit board and power supply.  

AmjadZohair
First Poster
Options

Do you have customers support in Iraq?

0 Likes
stefanossts
First Poster
Options

I did the same, I have the the UE46F6500 3D bought at 2014. I just removed the back cover initially to see for capacitors that are leaking or have swollen. I didn't check with a multimeter because I believe that I get different values onboard.  There wasn't visible damage.  

What I did and worked is blowing the dust from behind the circuitboards gently with a blower motor at low speed 

It didn't have any dust in the visible side of boards and I decided to use a blower at the very low speed, it had some dust at the back of the circuitboards. The TV since yesterday is working OK, fingers crossed now because any other action (like removing batteries from smart controller, removing USBs and disconnecting completely from network) only worked for a few days or hours.

0 Likes
Mollers
First Poster
Options

Hey our TV is doing this.  How do I get Samsung out here to repair it?  (I'm in the US)

0 Likes
Tomi121
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I tried few things, one was taking applied updates, took it off the internet and turned off energy saving options....This seemed to fix the problem and TV worked for a yea or so without any issues. Then the same problem came back recently, I tried wrpping it up in bed sheets, towels, etc and leaving it for few mins this also solves the problem (very weired, try it it works) this buys me a day or so but I am not tired of taking tv off wall mount and putting back....looking for for a permanent solution but it doesn'ts eem to exist...The solution probably is to get a new tv and stay away from samsung products moving forwards. 

Thank you Samsung for making me spend aound 1200$ on this junk! 

Vic-666
First Poster
Options

I believe that I solved it by accident!

I accidentally broke the small plastic stands and I had it just resting on a shelf. I turned it on and it would be stuck in this loop.

After reading all of these posts, I gave up. I wasn't going to pay anyone for a known issue that should have been fixed for free.

So I lifted it up and seen that the remote receiver on the tv is at the bottom of the tv, ALONG WITH A SMALL ON/OFF BUTTON!

The tv had been sitting on the on/off button. That's the only button that it has.

And it's located on the red/infrared light.

So when I lifted the tv, I noticed that it stopped looping.

People, the problem is with the TV on/off button. Because mine was cycling the same way.

Try it, try cleaning the button. Try using a can of compressed air to blow the dust.

But don't believe that it's the main Chip or a board.

0 Likes
Arun03
First Poster
Options

Hi All ,

Vic-666, Can you please let me know your tv model?

My model ue55d7000.

Last few weeksIi had problem of automatic restart now and then when watching tv. But last last few days it went in boot loop for 3 or 4 restarts then worked. From yesterday TV went in boot loop indefinitely. My tv is fitted on wall.

Yesterday I removed from wall mount and removed the back panel laying flat on floor and cleaned it. Tried few things specified in internet. Nothing worked in my case and continued to go in boot loop. At some point when I was holding tv on floor at a angle tv started without issue. I tried again in same angle tv worked but when I changed the angle tv goes in boot loop again. It is weird. But any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Wendycox
First Poster
Options
Good for you, I'm all for recycling and the only reason Samsung don't want us knowing how to repair ourselves is they will lose money. There is a clear problem that Samsung should take responsibility for FACT.
Shaunamarie
First Poster
Options

I just bought my tv about 1 wk ago and i am getting this problem. Samsung as always is giving me a run around. You guys did the same, well worse with my ph when I sent it in for repair. If this is an issue with your tv's you guys need to recall them.

Brett83
Student
Options

I am in the same boat.  TV is about a year old. For 75% of it's life, we have had this boot loop issue randomly. Sometimes,2-5 reboots and it calms down. Other times,past 10 restarts. 
Also,anytime I try logging into NetFlix,it restarts while entering email. Cannot get Hulu as the App needs updating.
Youtube also causes tv to reboot.
I have given up on this TV. I have called support several times,finally had arranged for a tech to come out. Appt was made for a Wednesday, tech shows up Tuesday.
Asked to keep ticket open til folowing Wednesday, but I guess tickets cannot stay open past 5 days. Of course.
Called today ahve the issue reopend and addressed. 30 minutes later,service team calls and says TV is now out of warranty and I willbe billed parts.labor and trip charge. 
Called Samsung back and I get "Your issue was marked as resolved in September. TV Working normally" 
Samsung won't tell me who stated the TV is working normally,but it sure was not me! 
Tv  has been reset to factory several times. Smart Hub will not update properly, and infact,just loading the Terms and Conditions fails. 
The LG that this replaced never had any issues like this. Only reason I "upgraded" was for the smart features. HA

0 Likes