Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV captions are stuck on the screen

(Topic created on: 30-12-2018 01:57 AM)
Rich-n-Lin
Student
Options

I have tried to get the two lines of frozen closed captions that are old ones off the TV screen.  I’ve unplugged the TV and disconnected everything in the back and it’s still there. First it was one line and a week later a second line. I’ve turn off the closed captions but both lines are still there.  Anyone have any ideas what to do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lubeatco
Apprentice
Options

I have discovered two methods to get rid of the stuck closed caption phrases that work for me!.

1)  Uplug TV from the wall let it sit for a few seconds 15 or so then plug it back in.... the stuck captions are gone.

Method #2

2)  Using remote, Turn TV off for about 15 seconds.. no need to unplug. Turn TV on ..(don't worry about captions still there). Then   Turn TV off again for about 15 seconds....... Turn TV on again.... This time you should see the Smart TV heading..  When the Smart TV  heading clears  the stuck  captions  will have also cleared!

The problem is the captions keep getting stuck on the screen!  So for me, it's easier to turn the TV on and turn off as it takes about 30 seconds rather than unplugging the TV from the wall frequently!

I hope one of these methods works on your television!

View solution in context

30 REPLIES 30
Bake65
Apprentice
Options
Similar problem here. I have 2 letters of frozen closed captioning text that I cannot remove.
0 Likes
Bake65
Apprentice
Options

Saw on another forum that updating firmware can fix the problem.   Now I need to figure out how to update the firmware on a tv in a home w/o internet connectivity. 

CarlH
Options

@Bake65 and @Rich-n-Lin. Can you tell me the model number of your TV and the currentt software version you're running? This can be found by pressing Menu/ Settings on your remote and going to Support > Sofware Update.

0 Likes
Bake65
Apprentice
Options
Sure
TV is UN55SJ7000
Current Software is 1464.
TV says new version is 1530.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks @Bake65. Are you based in the US? This model isn't a UK one. 

0 Likes
Rich-n-Lin
Student
Options

Model code is :UN65M4650D

vesion is :1250

0 Likes
Edith_LV
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem right now.  Caption stuck on the screen.  Did you figure it out how to get rid of it?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all. It's important to check that the software on your TV's is up to date. This can be done through the menu of the TV, if it's connected to the internet, by going to Support > Software Update > Update Now.

If it states there is no update available, bring up the Samsung website on a PC/laptop, enter the model code of your TV into the search bar and once you've brought up the web page for your TV, scroll down to the the 'Download' section towards the foot of the page, where there's a link to download the latest software version to a USB stick with instructions. This can then be plugged into your TV and downloaded.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Eberu
First Poster
Options

I have done the UPDATE ..STILL NO CHANGE!! I STILL HAVE 2 FOZEN LINES..HELPPPPP