Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV captions are stuck on the screen

(Topic created on: 24-06-2019 05:39 AM)
Rich-n-Lin
Student
Options

I have tried to get the two lines of frozen closed captions that are old ones off the TV screen.  I’ve unplugged the TV and disconnected everything in the back and it’s still there. First it was one line and a week later a second line. I’ve turn off the closed captions but both lines are still there.  Anyone have any ideas what to do?

30 REPLIES 30
Bearschock
Student
Options

We've done all the above steps and still have four words stuck.

0 Likes
Help9
First Poster
Options

I performed update. It was already updated. What now?

0 Likes
Solution
Lubeatco
Apprentice
Options

I have discovered two methods to get rid of the stuck closed caption phrases that work for me!.

1)  Uplug TV from the wall let it sit for a few seconds 15 or so then plug it back in.... the stuck captions are gone.

Method #2

2)  Using remote, Turn TV off for about 15 seconds.. no need to unplug. Turn TV on ..(don't worry about captions still there). Then   Turn TV off again for about 15 seconds....... Turn TV on again.... This time you should see the Smart TV heading..  When the Smart TV  heading clears  the stuck  captions  will have also cleared!

The problem is the captions keep getting stuck on the screen!  So for me, it's easier to turn the TV on and turn off as it takes about 30 seconds rather than unplugging the TV from the wall frequently!

I hope one of these methods works on your television!

Bearschock
Student
Options

This worked for me last night. (Unplugged the tv and let is sit for 15 seconds) Thanks for the help and advice!

0 Likes
Lubeatco
Apprentice
Options
See my post above dated
24-06-2019. That's June 24, 2019
0 Likes
Lubeatco
Apprentice
Options

See my post above June 24, 2019

0 Likes
Lubeatco
Apprentice
Options
‎24-06-2019 06:39 AM
I have discovered two methods to get rid of the stuck closed caption phrases that work for me!.

1) Uplug TV from the wall let it sit for a few seconds 15 or so then plug it back in.... the stuck captions are gone.

Method #2

2) Using remote, Turn TV off for about 15 seconds.. no need to unplug. Turn TV on ..(don't worry about captions still there). Then Turn TV off again for about 15 seconds....... Turn TV on again.... This time you should see the Smart TV heading.. When the Smart TV heading clears the stuck captions will have also cleared!

The problem is the captions keep getting stuck on the screen! So for me, it's easier to turn the TV on and turn off as it takes about 30 seconds rather than unplugging the TV from the wall frequently!

I hope one of these methods works on your television!

BeanMa
First Poster
Options

Method #2 worked!  Turning the tv on and off a couple of times took care of the problem.  Thank you so very much.  Now I need to update the software but of course my tv said no updates.  I will look online and upload to a stick as someone suggested in a later answer.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
1dbeardad
First Poster
Options

so I have a Samsung Smart TV 55in that had a frozen text on it. I unplugged the TV for about 2 minutes and plugged it back in and it erased the Frozen text! It works!

Delmo
First Poster
Options

Turning the TV on and off multiple times did NOT work for on my 2017 65" MU800/8000.  Unplugging and replugging DID work.

0 Likes