Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 20-02-2019 11:45 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options
Sleazy is the appropriate term 👌🏿
Alhelor
Apprentice
Options

@jag11 wrote:

Agreed. I just found this out today. I'm considering returning the TV because of this, or will otherwise find some way to block it on my network.

I will defeinitely never buy a Samsung TV again if they don't fix this and the fact taht "Samsung Plus" autoplays when I turn it on. This is sleazy.

I refunded mine and went for an LG NanoCell. Same vibrant colors, no burn-in, same price range, and the TV is actually MINE! If someone wants their advertisement on MY TV, they have to pay ME for it. You should return your TV. I doubt this is gonna get better. Has been going on for a year now, according to people. Even before the new QLED models came out. If anything, a new update will add even more advertisement - lots of screen space on that TV. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options
Fair play! I'm kinda at peace with it...for now. I want to upgrade to 8K at the end of 2020, it will be hard to justify getting a Samsung next time round.
Jerry-m95
First Poster
Options

How do you block domain?

0 Likes
russh
Apprentice
Options

Via your router settings

0 Likes
toca
Journeyman
Options

I have a UN55KS800D with a Netgear R7000 router.  I input those domains into the routers block sites section, rebooted the router and unplugged/replugged Samsung set and I'm still getting the sponsor ads to the left of my apps after pressing the home button on remote.  Guess it works for some Samsungs, but not all

0 Likes
toca
Journeyman
Options
just to be clear, the domain's I entered into router block sites section are:
samsungads.com
ads.samsungads.com
lcprd2.samsungcloudsolution.ne
0 Likes
Homerholmes
First Poster
Options

This is unbelievable! Cannot understand how they think this is okay. F*ck this ads off the menu or I'll be returning this TV and won't be purchasing a Samsung TV again. Not okay Samsung. Not okay! 

Manuf1
Student
Options

Pls remove the ads as i wont never ever buy any samsung device ever. I didnt pay that big money to watch ads!

0 Likes
ScottD
First Poster
Options

This is very bad practice for Samsung. Remove the ads please. I hate ads.

0 Likes