Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 25-02-2019 08:26 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MrShak1982.

Did you manage to get this sorted out or are you still having the issue?

MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Hi @ChrisM 

No such luck, reached out to Samsung UK via twitter and they basically said the functionality is embedded into the TV so no way to disable it. 

This will probably be the last Samsung smart TV I purchase tbh if that's their attitude towards customer privacy. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @MrShak1982. Are you able to send us a photo of your TV with the apps showing?

MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

IMG_20190311_194028.jpg

This one is for Sky Mobile, the last one was for Galaxy S10. Could do without them tbh, just frustrating to see. I don't put my TV on to stare at adverts. 

Mike103
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, i have a visa advert in the same place. We will be selling the TV for a different brand.

Pieter123
Apprentice
Options

What I don't get is why there has to be ads on a menu of a TV I paid lots of money for...wasn't that enough Samsung?

Smile1988
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Q9F. How can I remove the ads???? That's not what I paid for... 

Furrnak
Student
Options

Yeh, it's a pretty terrible thing for Samsung to do, spend a boatload on the new Frame and Adverts? What a stupid thing to do, there are ways to stop them using DNS, but why should I have to? Last time I buy a Samsung product.

Zignack
Student
Options

Yeah same *****ty problem in Denmark. Last Samsung product I ever bought if that's a thing now... I payed for my TV fair and square... We get attacked from companies no matter where the ***** we are or what we do. If you wanna implement ads on your tv software then hand out your TVs for free and let them sponsor our TV's.. If I payed for it... Then REMOVE THAT *****!!!! PERIOD!!!!!