Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Remote repeat issues

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 01:06 PM)
PMGinNY
Apprentice
Options

I have a 2 month old 65 inch MU9000. Last week nothing on the remote would work except for the power button. After unplugging the tv and plugging it back in all worked.  Two days later this occurred again. After lengthy call with Samsung I got no where other than the same fix. Today makes three times in a week. When trying to manually pair it finds no devices. When I push a button the little red light blinks for a few seconds and that’s it. 

I have direct tv and sonos play bar connected to the one connect box. 

The software is up to date. 

Any ideas? Is this a remote issue or a tv issue?

thanks you for any help. 

31 REPLIES 31
SteviexX
First Poster
Options

I have a newer 4k Samsung model and have the same issues. Pretty sure it's just a Samsung thing they dont know how to fix. Love my TV but will probably go with LG next time. Samsung seems to be going down the tubes with their hardware. I have had Samsung phones for years and seeing the direction they are taking with them it seems they are deliberately holding back to have more products to put out. That is exactly why I don't like apple and I wont accept it from Samsung either.

0 Likes
SeanSherri
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. We got our Tv 2weeks ago. I gave up on the remote and use the one on, my smart things app.  I have it for our tv and fridge. 

0 Likes
Ronglow
First Poster
Options

I've had the same issue with my 75in TV  . Samsung came out to my house 3 times . They replaced a circuit board inside changed settings inside. Still the same problem. Finally the last time they were here. They replaced the tiny cord that connects the one connect to the TV with a new thick one. So far it's been almost a week and happy to say haven't had a problem. Before it disconnected within a day  

0 Likes
PMGinNY
Apprentice
Options

That’s a really interesting fix...did they give an explanation? I wonder if I can buy one of those replacements. 

Please se update us in a few days if all is still good. 

0 Likes
Ronglow
First Poster
Options

They told me the rhino cable is very fragile and if it has sharp bends or is kinked it will break.. I thought it was BS . My TV is still under warranty.  It's worked longer now then it has ever worked . so far so good. 

0 Likes
Ronglow
First Poster
Options
I dont know where rhino came from. A typo. I ment the really thin cable.
0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options
I think I might have solved it.

The remote uses infra red to turn the tv on and off it then uses bluetooth to control the other functions.
My understanding is that bluetooth uses a 2.4ghz frequency.  If this is correct then it could be in conflict with my wifi which also uses 2.4ghz frequency.  
I have disabled wifi on the tv and now connect via a cat5 cable to my router.
Since doing this my remote has worked fine, no issues.

Fingers crossed!
0 Likes
Tiffany09
First Poster
Options

My remote is less than 3 weeks old and I’ve tried everything to reset it I’m at my wits end with it we got the newest tv the QLED and it sucks that the speaker went out in it or something because my remote is blinking red with new batteries and everything 

0 Likes
guiallard
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same tv, exact same problem. 

0 Likes
guiallard
First Poster
Options
Exact same problem... If I disconnect the electric plug from the tv, I can turn it on... ANNOYING PROBLEM... =(
0 Likes