Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Remote not available message

(Topic created on: 07-09-2018 02:01 AM)
Gareth74
Student
Options

Hi

Having an issue with the Smart Remote for my 6 week old UE55KU6450 with HW-K450 Soundbar.  The Smart Remote worked fine, got back from holiday yesterday and now only the On/OFF Button works and I have tried the following;

1. Repair Remote - Changed batteries and then holding the Return & Exit buttons for 3 seconds.  Message Not Available appears

2. Factory Reset - Still unable to repair the remote

3. Reset Remote (Samsung Support)  - Removed batteries from remote for 20+ sec's, replaced. Message Not Available appears

4. Reset Remote (YouTube) - While holding the ON/OFF Button follow step 3. Message Not Available appears

5. IR Test - Using a camera phone, point remote and see if 2 red lights appear. 

6. Perform Rain Dance around remote - Message Not Available appears :winking-face:

Any assistance would be appreciated

Cheers

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51
AntS
Options

Hi @Gareth74. :smileyhappy:

Reckon the rain dance worked... for rain. (Grrr, at leaky footwear though. :smileymad: :smileytongue:)

How long have you had the TV for? Any other issues with the Bluetooth on it? And does the Smart Remote work when your Soundbar's disconnected? 

0 Likes
Solution
Gareth74
Student
Options

Hi AntS

I've only had the TV 6 weeks however must say Samsung Support are great.  Gave them the call, described the issue with the Smart Remote and within 4 days an Engineer turned up. 

They've tried unsuccessful to re-pair the remote so will be sending me a new one. 

AntS
Options

Glad to hear that they've sorted you out with a new one, Gareth74! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Sugarloaf
Student
Options
I am having the same issue.
What was the solution to resolve the "Not Available" message?
dnikelshpu
Student
Options

Hi,

Today I got this "Not Available" message on my Samsun TV.

I took out the batteries -- these batteries show how much charge is left -- and there appeared to be sufficient charge left. I put the batteries back in the remote, but in different order... This did not resolve the issue... So, I decided to lightly hit the remove three or four times (for no good reason), and this actually fixed the problem.

Maybe the problem is with the batteries, maybe the wiring, but as with Fonzie on 'Happy Days', as few light smacks saved the day!

Bryantrichar
Student
Options

You never said what the solution was. I have a new Samsung fresh out the box, two brand new remotes and I get that dang "Not Available" message when trying to pair.

breathless575
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problems and called Samsung support.  They are going to send me a new remote.  

0 Likes
Bryantrichar
Student
Options

I found this solution that worked for me. I powered off the TV and while powering back on the TV I held down the Return and Play / Pause buttons. After the TV started back up it went into pairing mode and then I was good to go, try it.

DB-Zippy
First Poster
Options

Solved..

Use the joystick on the back of the TV to get to diagnostics.  Bottom selection.

Reset

Default code if never setup 0000

After the TV reset my Smart Hub remot and Soundbar worked just as before.

0 Likes