Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Hub Apps disappearing

(Topic created on: 13-11-2017 12:43 AM)
Raxyl
Student
Options

Hi all,

My Smart Hub Apps keep disappearing/not working/won't download.   I have reset Smart Hub which gets everything back and working but as soon as the TV is turned off they disappear again and the only fix is to again reset Smart Hub. The Firmware is up to date.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have searched and cannot find any workable fixes. 

Model Number: UA50F6800AMXXY

Thanks in anticipation ~ Craig

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Raxyl

Could you tell us your current software version? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Raxyl
Student
Options
All ok, I had a further play last night and all is now working. Thanks anyway.

View solution in context

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Raxyl

Could you tell us your current software version? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Solution
Raxyl
Student
Options
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news @Raxyl!

Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
RyanAbbott
Apprentice
Options

My tv does this. After every power off, I have to reset the entire system. Repopulate my apps, sign in to everything. I've noticed this problem started around the time a bunch of new apps show up in the smart hub under "my apps" these are preloaded ones that cannot be deleted. The System Reset I believe does not go deep enough to the problem, as you can view the amount of stored memory and it never changes. Even though I have to re download HBO Now, you can see that upon doing so, it is still there in the memory cache as it readily pops up. Samsung service is horrendous, they have remoted in on the TV and claimed it has no issues, yet they can see it hanging and crashing while they are in the TV. The UFCTV app has been a white screen for at least 6 months. Why even build a smart hub if it is like this? I have iPhone 3's that still function flawlessly. 

Model UN55JS8500

software ver: T-HKMAKUC-1510.3

Smarthub ver: 1.000

Jrob
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue as of last night. My Smart TV model code is UN40MU6290 and software version is T-KTMAKUC-1156.0

What can I do to fix this? All apps keep disappearing.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jrobwrote:

I am having the same issue as of last night. My Smart TV model code is UN40MU6290 and software version is T-KTMAKUC-1156.0

What can I do to fix this? All apps keep disappearing.

Hi @Jrob, I can only suggest what's basically been  mentioned in this thread-I'm assuming you have the latest firmware (which everyone should check)  I  looked into this model which seems to be a US one and no firmware download appearing on site.  Therefore if resetting Smart Hub, reinstalling affected apps and factory reset do not make a difference you will need to contact support, consider remote support though realise problems have not been resolved for everyone.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GrahamH1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I reset my smart hub but now all the appS have disappeared and when I try to download new ones the message comes up “network interference occurred. Please try again later. Error code 012”. I’ve waited a few days but thebproblem is still the same.

any suggestions gratefully received. The TV says my software is up to date and its connected to the internet

0 Likes
RyanAbbott
Apprentice
Options

The only solution/workaround is to:

Go to menu, go to reset system, reset it, then after it comes back on, go to smarthub, re-sign in, redownload each app, sign into each app, then they will work until the next time you shut the TV off. This is a Samsung problem, not the app developer, as I have been in contact with all of the apps that this happens to. What actually is happening, upon resetting the system, the old apps actually are not deleted. You will find as you go to the apps after resetting, they are still cached in the memory. I have been round and round with Samsung about this. Had them remote into the TV, everything. To this day, UFCTV app still will not work on my tv, no matter what you do. However the app works flawlessly on every other Samsung I own. Samsung knows they have this problem but... I guess they don't care as it's easier to sell you a new TV. (So much for spending $4000 on the top of the line series 8 & 9 TV's. You should just consider the TV a monitor. Do yourself a favor, go spend $150 to buy a 4K AppleTV for your app use, at least Apple supports their products and has no app crashes or problems. I don't know how Samsung can even call these Smart TV's, if they only are smart for a year or so. I have old Apple 3GS phones that support apps better than this "flagship" TV. Sorry to rant, but everything I typed is 100% accurate and Samsung can verify with my calls into service. 

JacobInDaHouse
Pathfinder
Options

@Raxyl wrote:

@Anonymous User @Raxyl, can you describe how you have fixed it  please?

0 Likes