Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Barrowman
First Poster
Options

I saw a round white area on my Samsung TV. Googled and what did I find? Lot's and lots of LG TV's with the same problem.

Now I am not sticking up for Samsung in this but trying to be fair. You will find many brands have the same problem.

Years ago ( and I mean 40 + ) when TV's were using valves, I often repaired them and you know what? Many makes but 2 maunfacturers of the circuits. Brands were just different cabinets with the same bits inside. Could it be similar with this seeing as so many different ones are failing?

0 Likes
Guermide
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung smart TV with one spot in the middle of the screen.
Luckily, I have a Richer Sounds 6 years cover! a third-party company doing repairs for them came and picked up the TV, got it back last week the next day got the same issue again so it has been sent again for the second time for repairs.
I should update this when I get the TV back and tested it.
Recently I have been buying insurance for any appliances that I am replacing just in case really.
But overall it not acceptable for me or any other TV owner to spend that much money on a TV that does not last. Surely the manufacturer does not expect people to invest every year over 1K on a tv!
I called Samsung at the beginning and I had the classic one-year warranty and the repairs will be chargeable!! they don't car really in my opinion and no compassion at all.
For me you can measure a company not after buying any goods from them but by their customer service. Samsung you have failed big time and I will be really considering buying any of your products in the future no matter how tempting and sugar coted you think you have made your products!

It was LG before (mobile phones) now it is Samsung.

A disapointed customer!

0 Likes
Johna1
Student
Options
They fixed it and returned it today
0 Likes
Dave80
Student
Options

Ibe just been looking through Google at similer posts. 

This seems like a common trend with Samsung.  

I have 3 Samsung TVs in my house   all smart.   Only 1 of them 4k.  I have had to send 2 of my 3 TVs off for repair in under a year of buying them because of screen issues.   My 4k TV which is just over 2 years 7 months    has also got the gray circles.    I can see at least 5 of them when the screen goes white. 

I have recently convinced my folks to get a smart LG 4k.  And granted it's only been a few weeks but the TV looks pretty good.   

Nearly 3 years and 3 Samsung TVs all with issues.    I shall not be buying a new Samsung TV again. 

Guermide
First Poster
Options

Update:

Richer sounds are great, replaced the TV with a new one better specs (and got a sound bar for half price!) both covered by Richer Sounds warranty thumbs up for Richer Sounds and thumbs down for Samsung!

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Same here I had 3 sammys, 2 smart TVs and 1 4k, the 4k was the newest and died the quickest with zero Sammy support. 

Replaced the 4k with a philips and when the 2 smart TVs go I will replace with LG or Phillips. 

There are dark shadows on my daughter's smart TV so that will need replacing soon

0 Likes
Rk33
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with my 50" UE50KU6000 model. Im starting to think I got a bit swindled by my home insurance company however as they replaced my 47" Samsung 4K tv, that got accidentally broken, with the 50" UE50KU6000 - however that was only 9 months ago, most are saying theirs are 2 years old + etc. Havent contacted samsung yet about this though, I'm hoping for a repair or replacement as I should still be in warranty by all accounts.

0 Likes
Sp4wN
First Poster
Options

Well, I must be lucky then, I got a curved 55" from 2014 and it started showing a white spot too. 5 years for a €1700 TV is not long... I also got a lot Samsung products at home from smartwatches till washing machines, but I am slowly replacing to another brand, this is not the first Samsung failed on me last couple years... 

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options
Yup, mine was just over 2 years. At least a good LG or Phillips 4k is half the price of a 2014 model
0 Likes
Ruth-mac
Apprentice
Options

CB873E73-CF4F-48D2-BB12-1F428DACF4C9.jpeg

0 Likes