Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options
Sell it for spares before it's too late. Samsung don't care
0 Likes
runamonk
Explorer
Options

if they won't repair or replace it, I'll take it apart and fix it myself. The repair seems simple enough to reglue the reflectors to the backing plate. I can say though I won't buy another samsung product again.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Good luck mate

runamonk
Explorer
Options
Thanks!

Did you end up getting a HiSense to replace yours? I am liking the look of their panels as well. So after I fix and sell off this monster I am thinking I might switch over.
0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

The gluing might be easy enough, disassembly and reassembly didn't though, unless you are reasonably familiar with that sort of thing.

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

No, I went for a philips ambilight 55 inch 4k was 100 quid off and the ambilight makes it look a lot bigger than 55 inch

Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

Buy  a new tv . I’ve just got an LG oled . Never buying Samsung again . 

0 Likes
runamonk
Explorer
Options

My last tv was a philips and quite nice. I might give that a go, decent price on them too.

0 Likes
Johna1
Student
Options

I've just had the same problem with mine plus purple patches in the screen, bought from Currys over 2yrs ago. Phoned them £95 to pick the tv up and look at it and if its faulty I'll get that refunded and they'll fix or replace. 

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Good luck