Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Kirkpabk
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue and Samsung doesn't appear concerned about fixing the issue or helping them to get a replacement or discounted offer to keep their customers... Won't be buying anymore and will tell my family the same.
20200224_213548.jpg

0 Likes
Sotto
Explorer
Options
I agree with you, they don't even care. I already replaced the tv with Philips and more than sure the next phone will not be Samsung.
0 Likes
Jacki28
Journeyman
Options

I am now on the fourth replacement panel since December. All have the same issue.

Samsung repair centre have said in an email that the technician has said I will be better off purchasing a new tv as the issue lies with the panels themselves, all they can do is keep replacing the panels! 

Why should I have to pay for a new tv when I have paid them £550 for the repair the tv originally cost £1400 I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years and have 3 other Samsung TVs that I have had no problems with. Feeling very disappointed and frustrated! 

0 Likes
cityofangels
First Poster
Options
I haven't posted in a while because I'm done with samsung also. I still get the email with people having the same issue.

Samsung have not been in touch with a real solution. So like you going to sony. I'm going to lg. I have 3 samsung smart tvs. All with problems 1 is under 2 years. Samsung service is bad
0 Likes
Traceyann
First Poster
Options

I also have a white spot on my samsung tv.50in 4k smart tv 2yrs old what the hell.We paid over £1500 for our tv.we also have the samsung bars in our home.we didnt pay all that money for it to fail.How long is a guarantee for ?

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

12 month warranty

0 Likes
Vicky95
Apprentice
Options

Q80R user here.Facing the same issue right from the start.But mine has only the top row of led strip as white spots and the bad thing is that,it is faint and visble only in panning shots.The technician told he could not find any issue with the test image and i could not convince him as he made up his mind.Guess thats my luck.Getting frustated everytime i get a panning shot.Hope i can replace it before my warranty ends.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Can you record it?

Vicky95
Apprentice
Options

No, since it's faint and is more visible only in panning shots  it's difficult to record it on a camera, I tried it but cant.Even in this pic I adjusted the exposure to make it visible.But it's very annoying in panning shots and while watching sports.Screenshot_20200415-135656__01__01.jpg

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
I meant on a set top box or something. Got a sky box or something?
0 Likes