Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
MCFC10
Apprentice
Options

UE50KU6000 50 inch 4K TV purchased in NZ in 2016 has the same problems. Samsung have advised the TV is out of warranty and that repairs would be at my cost. Pretty sure NZ consumer legislation has something to say about that. To be continued.......

DazzaNI
Student
Options

Sadly the same issue has started to appear here.

Mine is a UE50KU6000 (2 years old) and I started to notice it a few weeks ago. I initially thought it was just my eyes but as you will see from the photo below it's definitely there! Such a shame really, I have been purchasing Samsung kit for years and always considered Samsung the go to for good quality flat panel TV's. Should I be embarrassed to say that I have 6 active LED TV's from Samsung on the go at home at the moment, couple that with the 5 Monitors and a number of other devices of the same brand around the home (from phones to Blu Ray players) you could say I am quite heavily invested in Samsung (which includes extended family who come to me from my opinion on anything technology related owing to my job role.…).

Unfortunately it is becoming that much of a distraction that I find myself looking at the circles as opposed to watching the picture I should be concentrating on.

As its out of Warranty and I don’t feel I should have to pay to have it fixed I may have to just put up with it until it dies or the kids put me in a state of despair.

Thanks Samsung, all I need just before Christmas.

IMG_20191027_085347[1].jpgIMG_20191027_090229[1].jpg

McED
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately same issue on a 2016 UE43KU6000 model. 2016 obviously a bad year. Contacted Samsung support and told it's out of warranty so a repair will be chargeable. Not good for a TV that cost nearly £500 just a few years ago. Poor support also when it must be a known fault!

Samsung tv.jpg

Sotto
Explorer
Options
It is shameful indeed. Not even an official answer to this problem. The solution ... we will avoid buying Samsung products anymore.
Sotto
Explorer
Options

Has anyone even found out what the cause is? How much would the repair cost?

0 Likes
MCFC10
Apprentice
Options

Samsung NZ referred me to my local engineer in Tauranga. Initially they said repairs will be payable by me. However, Samsung then requested pics of the screen and proof of purchase from 3 years ago. Once they saw the problem they agreed to replace the display free of charge. TV is now good as new. Thanks Samsung. Decent customer service.

0 Likes
Sotto
Explorer
Options
Maybe in your country it works that way..but in Romania it is not that simple. Just to find out the problem costs you 10 euros and they told me from the beginning that the repair on the display costs two thirds of the purchase price and that it is not worth it. In other words, they suggested I buy a new one. It's unfair that after only 2 years of using the tv to tell you that. This makes me avoid buying Samsung products anymore.
0 Likes
JK25
First Poster
Options

Hi, how did you get in contact with Ant? I have tried getting in touch with support about exactly the same issue but am coming up against a wall

0 Likes
CharlieCharlie
Journeyman
Options

Same issue. Have been trying so hard to get somewhere with Samsung but no luck so far, can't even get a response. Can't believe a TV which is just over two years old is now completely useless. The rate it's degrading, it'll be unwatchable by Christmas - without the funds to currently but a new one. Will never ever be buying a Samsung TV again and will be advising all my social media about it.

CharlieCharlie
Journeyman
Options

Got a reply from Samsung 'Support' who said I will have to pay to have it repaired. Considering it's clearly a fault with a wide range on their TV's from that time, I am serverely p*ssed off. A TV that cost £700 is supposed to only last for two years these days? Anyone in the UK know where I can take this up with some sort of consumer body?

0 Likes