Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Ogben812.

Let's try a picture test to see if the circles are still showing. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self diagnosis > Picture Test.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Failed all three, smallwhite circles still visible.

Thanks for replying.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Thanks for trying that, @Ogben812. If the picture test failed then I'd recommend contacting Samsung directly on 0330 726 7864 where an advisor will be able to arrange a repair for you. Alternatively you can contact an authorised Samsung Support Centre near you via the following link to arrange an engineers visit: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/. For the filters, select 'TV & AV > Television', enter your post code and tap the magnifying glass symbol.
0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Been advised that its screen failure, uneconomic to repair. Samsung not interested in any goodwill measure. So a 50" Samsung 4K TV only fit for the skip after 2 years and a few months. We have a house full of Samsung products (sound bar, blue ray dvd, 2 other smart tv's, one standard tv, mobile phone, washing machine) but will think seriously about buying another Samsung tv if they only last 2 years.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ogben812 wrote:

Been advised that its screen failure, uneconomic to repair. Samsung not interested in any goodwill measure. So a 50" Samsung 4K TV only fit for the skip after 2 years and a few months. We have a house full of Samsung products (sound bar, blue ray dvd, 2 other smart tv's, one standard tv, mobile phone, washing machine) but will think seriously about buying another Samsung tv if they only last 2 years.

Sorry to here that. The problem you have is to show it was inherent fault and then you could malke a claim. Still worth getting advice from Citzens Advice because it is not unreasonable to expect the TV to last longer than that.

Paul

sianjoyce
Student
Options

Hi

Did you make any progress with this or have you resigned yourself to the white circles? Seems to be a common problem with Samsung TVs! Doesn’t seem worth investing in them!

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
Spoiler
Sold the tv for £100 to a guy who wanted a monitor for his games console. Saga continued though because I bought another Samsung, this time a 55 inch curved which had a strange intermittent sound fault. As I use Sky and a sound bar there was simply too much potential for Samsung to mess me around by blaming those components so sent it back as faulty, which it must have been because I've bought a Sony now and all is fine. Past Samsung customer service was excellent and had they had my loyalty but its been lost by two faulty tv's in two years and complete lost of trust.
0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

I have these also. 2 year old TV and only visible when the TV goes white

Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

My tv is 2 years old and I have white ghost circling in a grid pattern on the screen. It’s a 4K tv . I’ve got other Samsung tv’s and both have not got this problem. Is there anything Samsung can do . The tv should last more than two years. Not a happy customer. Thought Samsung was better quality than this . !!!