Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 06:02 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

That’s exactly what happened to mine 

0 Likes
Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options
Samsung have got to claim some sort of responsibility for this . A product recall maybe .
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

I complained, spoke to a supervisor no less, got me nowhere. Years ago Samsung replaced a TV I owned because of premature failure and it bought my brand loyalty for years, I have a number of Samsung products, no longer though, I replaced it initially with another Samsung TV but that had a strange sound fault that I couldnt be arsed to argue with them over so sent it back to QVC under their 30 day no quibble return policy and bought a Sony from John Lewis which was sold witha 5 year guarantee built in.

Best of luck.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

IMG-20181229-WA0014.jpeg

Brilliant, top half of the screen has gone dark tonight

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Fobbed me off too. B#*+@rds. Zero brand loyalty.  Every TV in the house is a Samsung all 4.

I had a Samsung phone since the S2 all the way to the S8+ so glad I have a Huawei now . Given thousands to Samsung over the years, ask for 1 favour and they flat out say no. Stupid 12 month warranty, Hisense is 5 years. T#@ts!!!

0 Likes
Ben39
First Poster
Options

Same issues here. I am about to see if I can get mine rectified. I will keep the site updated...

CirclesCirclesSamsung Test ScreenSamsung Test ScreenGreyscaleGreyscaleWhiteWhiteBacklightBacklightNormal TV viewingNormal TV viewingTest resultTest resultRedRedBlueBlueGreenGreen

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Sold mine for parts for 200. Samsung are rubbish. I argued with them on all formats . Twitter, facebook, customer service and SoGa and it was easier to admit defeat.  I got a philips 4k now and will never own another Samsung product. Ps the phiips is amazing. So much better 

Ruth-mac
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Had the tv in 2016I have the same problem. Had the tv in 2016

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Good luck. Samsung don't care so sell it for parts. 

I stumbled across this thread by luck, makes you wonder how many TVs are affected by this issue by people who don't have access to the internet

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

It would appear that 2016 was a bad year.