Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 06-04-2019 08:44 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Ben39
First Poster
Options

Atempted edit. Samsung don't run a very good website either...

Hisense for me next time fellas.

0 Likes
jablamon
First Poster
Options

I too bought this exact same model and have the same fault 2 years into use. Samsung offered no support and it's clearly a fault associated with thier brand. Samsung's support has been terrible perhaps the worst I have ever experienced. I'm now just left telling everybody and anybody I can to steer clear of Samsung company products; unless you are happy with a 2 year lifespan. I must say I am enjoying my very nice LG OLED set now and am pleased to see they make versions of most of my samsung products which now need replacing.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Morale of the story is: we all need to emergrate for good customer service

0 Likes
WJA
Journeyman
Options

I just purchased a 65” Q80R by Samsung and it also has the white circles. It’s actually the LEDs showing which they shouldn’t be. This is caused by poor uniformity and considered a manufacturing defect. I counted 24 vertical and 12 horizontal rows totaling 288 lit up circles on my brand new QLED. The Samsung tech immediately ordered a new panel, as this isn’t fixable, however since this tv just released last week, no parts are available...so Samsung is sending a replacement tv. I don’t mind a little dse or banding on the edges but 288 circles from top to bottom, side to side, corner to corner is a serious issue and feel the issue is poor quality control on Samsung’s part. 

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Wow I thought this was exclusively on the 2 year old televisions

0 Likes
WJA
Journeyman
Options

Im afraid not. This is my new 65” Q80R. 

6D2672B0-2393-4BA3-9D95-EF85D45EE46B.jpeg

AB8C2202-22AE-433C-920E-427382286669.jpeg

8A00D9A4-EB61-46DF-A956-AF843A74A35B.jpeg

536E679A-5113-466E-8D9E-C458287670A8.jpeg

9173D095-454D-4640-8E64-54C5D424FE09.jpeg

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Good lord that is the worst case I have seen. At least it is under warranty

WJA
Journeyman
Options

I know right. I said the exact same thing about it being the worst I’ve seen. Fingers crossed the replacement is an improvement. I can say DSE improved from my 2018 QLED but I feel it doesn’t even matter as this issue pretty much ruins everything. Lol. 

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

I changed my phone upgrade from Samsung to Huawei and TV to Philips. 

When my Samsung frontier watch dies it will not be replaced by Samsung.

I despise them after this experience.

2 year old 55 inch 4k TV sold for spares 

runamonk
Explorer
Options
I have this same exact issue. I purchased the tv in 2016.

Samsung UE50KU6000 50 Inch
0 Likes