Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyQ

(Topic created on: 24-01-2019 04:05 PM)
Dools
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have recently upgraded to SkyQ and am having intermittent sound issues with my TV. When I switch on I either get no sound or the sound ‘pixellates’  It resolves when I switch off the SkyQ box and switch on again. Has anyone else had problems. My SkyQ box has been changed but as my mini box ok when sound vanishes Sky say it’s a TV software issue

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dools wrote:

Hi I have recently upgraded to SkyQ and am having intermittent sound issues with my TV. When I switch on I either get no sound or the sound ‘pixellates’  It resolves when I switch off the SkyQ box and switch on again. Has anyone else had problems. My SkyQ box has been changed but as my mini box ok when sound vanishes Sky say it’s a TV software issue

Hi @Dools,    Do you have the latest software version on both your Tv and Sky Q Box?  You have mentioned your model but you will see  the latest firmware on the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/       Latest firmware for the Q Box is Q080.000.75.00L for first generation and Q080.000.76.00L for 2nd generation.  2nd Gen is the ES240 which has an external power supply  (you may well have this one)

If you are up to date and issues can you try another HDMI cable and/or switch ports just to check?

I'm aware of some sound issues being reported with Skyq  (whilst Samsung sets feature other makes at times too (have had Q with an MU model for while now but not had this problem)    if you are using a Sound  Bar some customers have found it helps if you connect Q directly to The Sound Bar.    If you are  using the Tv speakers   you could try  changing Digital Audio Output to normal if it is not in that format, go to Settings/Set up/Audio Visual/HDMI.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dools
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks for this. I actually rang Samsung help. They were excellent and have fingers crossed they have sorted out my problems if not I will investigate your suggestions
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dools  Hopefully Samsung have sorted the issue out, if further problems you can let us know at some point.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dools
Apprentice
Options

Hi not had any more issues - fingers crossed

cheers for all your help

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dools wrote:

Hi not had any more issues - fingers crossed

cheers for all your help

Hi @Dools  thanks for update and good to hear-no prob :smiling-face:

cazman
First Poster
Options

So what was the fix?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@cazman wrote:

So what was the fix?

@Dools  contacted samsung, whilst specific solution was not mnentioned may have been via  Remote Support.

Did you try any of my suggestions such as:

Check  you have the latest software version on both your Tv and Sky Q Box?   you will see  the latest firmware on the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/       Latest firmware for the Q Box is  Q100.000.53.14L for first generation and Q100.000.53.13L for 2nd generation (updated since last post)  2nd Gen is the ES240 which has an external power supply  (you may well have this one)    You could try rebooting the Box and TV.

If you are up to date and issues can you try  try another HDMI cable and/or switch ports just to check?

I'm aware of some sound issues being reported with Skyq  (whilst Samsung sets feature other makes at times too (have had Q with an MU model for while now but not had this problem)    if you are using a Sound  Bar some customers have found it helps if you connect Q directly to The Sound Bar.    If you are  using the Tv speakers   you could try  changing Digital Audio Output to normal if it is not in that format, go to Settings/Set up/Audio Visual/HDMI.

0 Likes