Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q reporting Q7F not a UHD TV ....

(Topic created on: 02-04-2018 10:29 AM)
paulyoung666
Explorer
Options

Something weird going on here , nothing has changed but now sky q is saying my q7f is not UHD compatible , anyone ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@paulyoung666wrote:

Something weird going on here , nothing has changed but now sky q is saying my q7f is not UHD compatible , anyone ?

I often find when something works fine one day then not the next and you have made no changes then it is a fault with either TV or sky.  Try another hdmi port and make sure the port is set to uhd enabled. Also report any faults to your retailer as soon as possible so the issue is registered and they may have an idie. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@paulyoung666wrote:

Hi @paulyoung666  ,  likewise I would check that UHD colour is set to on with the Skyq port.   Just confirm your picture resolution is set to 2160P  for viewing UHD in  the Audio Visual Preferences of  Sky Box, you may wish to use 1080i for HD content and let your TV do the upscaling (though seem folk constantly leave it on 2160P). If that is not the issue I would firsty reboot the Skyq Box (disconnect power for 30 seconds to  see if it makes difference when back up and running) before trying another port.    Another possibility is your HDMI  cable but if is relatively new not that likely to be a  factor.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.