Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortage of bending covers for one-connect cable

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 07:38 AM)
jhh
Student
Options

I bought a 55" 'the frame' TV recently. I love it. But...

The instructions are very clear that for any 90 degree turns in the one-connect cable you should use a "bending cover" to prevent damage to the cable from being to severely. From my box to the TV my one-connect requires four right angled turns. But they only provide one bending cover for the TV.

Annoying, but I'll just buy a few more of these "bending covers" (1.5" curved piece of plastic with a groove in it for the cable and stickum on the back to stick to the wall) from samsung.

I spent over an hour contacting samsungparts.com and samsung technical support. But nobody can help me! Not even a part number for the thing.

Anybody else have a solution to this problem? I am considering just taping the cable to the wall.

-jon

18 REPLIES 18
Davo_B
First Poster
Options

Is there any progress with finding spare bending covers?

0 Likes
Camry1980
First Poster
Options

Anyone find spare bending covers for this one connect cable ? I’ve spoken to Samsung and there spare parts division with no luck.  Is there any third party products that will do the same thing ?

0 Likes
1nut2ball
Apprentice
Options

I saw your posting when I started looking and good news, samsung parts has it now.

Its called the Holder OC Ring.  But, like in the original package, its packaged with a screw and the black plastic holder thing as well.  The person was able to email me a photo of the item to confirm. 

At the time of writing, it cost 4.75 + shipping.  Shipping was surprisingly pricey - 4 bucks to me in east coast US.  I ordered 2 just to justify it. 

0 Likes
SimonAtHome
Student
Options

As far as I can see, the holder oc ring is just the wall mounting attachment, not the 'bending cover' which is what I am after. Not tried Samsung suppport yet,  but on-line searches have revealed nothing. It's the sort of thing that given the right dimensions, someone with a 3D printer could make a tidy profit on! 

I'll try to go to the Samsung KX experience place and see if they can help. I'll post back if I get an update. 

0 Likes
1nut2ball
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm it's in there.  I bought and received two of them.  Its actually a small plastic bag containing several items.  I think its exactly the same small bag that contained the bending cover that came with the TV.   The blue bending cover, the black holder thing, and the screw. 

Here's the photo they (samsungparts) sent me before I ordered.  The product ID is BN96-48018A

guide.jpg

SimonAtHome
Student
Options

Many thanks. Having the product ID is the main thing.

Adel639
First Poster
Options

Hi

Has any body managed to get this piece in the uk? I’ve tried Samsung parts and they don’t stock the item

0 Likes
Frame tv
First Poster
Options

Where did you order it from? Thanks.

0 Likes
Adel639
First Poster
Options
0 Likes