Go to solution Solved

Setting up Samsung Remote to work with Sky Q Issue

(Topic created on: 29-01-2018 11:01 PM)
happyjckjunior
First Poster
Options

TV: UE55MU6400

Software Version: 1151

Trying to set up the Samsung Univeral Remote to control Sky Q.

When going through the set up procedure, it doesn't automatically find a Sky Q box connected via HDMI (Like it does for my Apple TV where it shows the Apple TV Logo in 'Sources'),

So I select 'New Device' > Set-top Box > 'Plugged into TV Directly' > *Enters Postcode* > Selects 'Sky HD/Sky Q NW. Eng/IoM Satellite' > Select HDMI 1 (Which Sky Q is currently plugged into)

Then the TV tried to change the channel up or down which is doesn't and after 4 tries asks for a SKy Q model number which I don't know what to look for or where to find it.

I have tried all sorts of codes I can find. Our box is made by Cisco.

Looking for some help as without setting this up, I can't get my Sonos Playbar to control the TV sound.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
HornMonster
First Poster
Options

Model number is under the HDMI port for some reason on the back of the SkyQ box mine is ES140 but it still does not pick up the channel up or down

0 Likes
Padders1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, did you ever resolve?

Thanks

Rob. 

@happyjckjuniorwrote:

TV: UE55MU6400

Software Version: 1151

Trying to set up the Samsung Univeral Remote to control Sky Q.

When going through the set up procedure, it doesn't automatically find a Sky Q box connected via HDMI (Like it does for my Apple TV where it shows the Apple TV Logo in 'Sources'),

So I select 'New Device' > Set-top Box > 'Plugged into TV Directly' > *Enters Postcode* > Selects 'Sky HD/Sky Q NW. Eng/IoM Satellite' > Select HDMI 1 (Which Sky Q is currently plugged into)

Then the TV tried to change the channel up or down which is doesn't and after 4 tries asks for a SKy Q model number which I don't know what to look for or where to find it.

I have tried all sorts of codes I can find. Our box is made by Cisco.

Looking for some help as without setting this up, I can't get my Sonos Playbar to control the TV sound.

0 Likes
mikebb
First Poster
Options
me too! Does not work
0 Likes
YNWA_Kaiser
First Poster
Options

I had same issue but it worked on 4th try.

still no idea how to control sky record/playback from the universal remote though!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You may need to try a a few times but Samsung Universal Remote should be able to control SkyQ,  if you have 2 TB Box 1st generation is ES140 and 2nd generation ES240.   If you only have  1 TB Box it is ES130, personally I did not need to input these, was fine after selecting SkyQ and region.  @YNWA_Kaiser Should be able to record  via voice control, play back should be possible as long as Recordings accessible above Sky icons, however have found they disappear at times (tend to use Sky Remote for that)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
18days
First Poster
Options

I have the UE65RU7400 and I’ve tried 15+ tones to set up with my sky q silver 2nd generation box / remote. I’ve chosen es130/140, em150, sky remote, sky mini, skyq, skyqsilver in fact all the sky options and I still cannot get it to work 😞

0 Likes
Ray6653
First Poster
Options

With the 55" (UE55H6670 ), In desteration, ended-up using the serial number of the sky remote control, supprise, supprise this worked. Would not work with the 46" though (UE46F660), this model cannot find any model numbers starting with "E".

0 Likes
Ray6653
First Poster
Options

Seems tpo me the biggest problem is the lack of response from Sky or Samaung in responding to these queries?

0 Likes
scully145
First Poster
Options

159D10D0-CAFF-4B9A-A79C-A0F40E535926.png

This should sort all smart remote issues 

hdmi needs to be of high quality 

not more than 2mtr long

just plug & unplugg in till it searches for devices 

run through set up

will not change channels when prompted 

channel up channel down