Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serif 43" (2019) Airplay 2 / tuning issues?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 12:09 PM)
percy212
First Poster
Options

Has anyone else had issues connecting to TV via AirPlay2 using Apple devices?

I'm running the most recent iOS / Mac OS (Mojave) and the firmware on the TV is up to date (version 1201).

With regard to tuning, no Freeview HD channels..? I thought it had DVB-T2 HD built in?!

Highly frustrating for their top of the line product to be so problematic...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @percy212.

Where did you purchase your TV? The 2019 models with the model code QE**LS01RA are indeed compatible.

Have you tried a Smart Hub Reset?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
percy212
First Poster
Options

Purchased last weekend from Samsung (UK), model QE43LS01RAUXXU

Have indeed tried Smart Hub reset, and most other device resets I could think of!

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

This one is quite odd. This should be available on all TV's of the same model running software version 1065.0 and above.

It appears you're running an odd version of software. The highest version of software for your TV at present is the 1066.0. Could you try downloading this via USB from here?

0 Likes
percy212
First Poster
Options
Are you suggesting that I should downgrade the firmware?
I'm assuming ver. 1201 is just the latest pack of updates that Samsung have pushed out since ver.1066 on 26 April?

Do you have any info on the tuner installed in the Serif - I'm not able to pick up Freeview HD channels at the moment.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

So, I've just had a further look into this. You are on the correct software version. So no need to downgrade. Would you be able to call through to our colleagues in our AV Team? They'll be able to run through some troubleshooting steps with you, and if needed go through some Remote Management. You can contact them on 0330 726 7864.

Now, regarding the tuning. Serif TV’s do have a DVB-T2 Tuner and are able to receive Freeview HD channels. The lack of these channels could be down to either a poorly aligned aerial or the HDMI leads interfering with the Freeview signal. Could you try removing all HDMI connectors from the TV completely then re-tuning?

0 Likes