Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Series 6 Smart TV web browser favourites

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 09:37 PM)
eae
First Poster
Options

I can bookmark a page in the browser by clicking on the star icon, which turns to yellow.

How do i access my bookmarks? I don't see any icon other than the "add bookmark" star.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation that's eluding me.

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@eae wrote:

I can bookmark a page in the browser by clicking on the star icon, which turns to yellow.

How do i access my bookmarks? I don't see any icon other than the "add bookmark" star.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation that's eluding me.

@Anonymous User @eae  ,  when you are on a website on the TV  go to "Home" and then you will see Bookmarks on the Menu Bar.   Clicking on that will bring up your list.

The relevant section on internet is on page 47 of  6 series e manual which can be accessed either via your TV or computer/mobile device (though does not specifically detail this point)  

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201711/20171129100040364/ENG_KTMDVBEUL-3.0.5_171109.0.pdf

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JohnAR
Apprentice
Options

I followed those steps, selected the "Home" button.  But I did not see any choices appear for the Bookmarks list
Only menu items from left to right:

[<]    [>]   [Home]   [URL Window with lock]   [Refresh]   [Add to Bookmarks]   [-]  [125%]  [+]

Above those are the current Tab(s), a "New Tab" and "New Secret Tab"

To the right of the tabs are:

[Sign In]   [Internet Menu]  [X]

The Internet Menu contains:

History, Desktop View, View Certificates, and Settings

None of these offer Bookmark viewing

JohnAR

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

2C7ABF5B-66F6-41FF-AFD0-120EC5F9F4EE.jpeg
@JohnAR wrote:

I followed those steps, selected the "Home" button.  But I did not see any choices appear for the Bookmarks list
Only menu items from left to right:

[<]    [>]   [Home]   [URL Window with lock]   [Refresh]   [Add to Bookmarks]   [-]  [125%]  [+]

Above those are the current Tab(s), a "New Tab" and "New Secret Tab"

To the right of the tabs are:

[Sign In]   [Internet Menu]  [X]

The Internet Menu contains:

History, Desktop View, View Certificates, and Settings

None of these offer Bookmark viewing

JohnAR

Hi @JohnAR, looks like that is when you are on a web page. I’ll display how I am accessing Bookmarks on an MU6400 here.  I’m going on to the IMDb page and would Bookmark this by clicking on the star, you can either add to Tv local memory or Samsung Account.

BA48078A-BFA9-4625-A645-C6EC4A6482EB.jpeg

Next I click Home Page  without going onto any site and you should see Featured , Most Visited, Bookmarks and Open Tabs on Menu.   

187DE9E6-9EB5-4135-B9CA-078F24B5A7F0.jpeg

I will now click on Bookmarks and you can see IMDB which I have just added. B2106EF5-F385-444D-A01F-E539DEF192D7.jpeg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some general information  on Web Browser from Guide:

. ● The Internet is not compatible with Java applications.

• You can download the supported types of files, such as videos, mp3 files, and images, but you cannot download files that are not supported by the TV. If you attempt to download an unsupported file, you will receive an error message instead.
  • The Internet may not be able to access certain websites. ● The TV does not support playback of flash videos. ● E-commerce for online purchases is not supported. ● With websites that have scrollable windows, scrolling a window can result in corrupted characters.
  • ActiveX is not supported. ● Only a limited number of fonts are supported. Certain symbols and characters may not be displayed properly. ● The response to remote commands and the resulting on-screen display may be delayed while a web page is loading.
  • Loading a web page may be delayed or suspended completely with certain operating systems. ● The copy and paste operations are not supported

• When composing an email or a simple message, certain functions such as the font size and colour selection may not be available.
  • There is a limit to the number of bookmarks and the size of the log file that can be saved. ● The number of windows that can be opened concurrently differs with the search conditions and the TV model. ●
  • The web browsing speed will differ with the network environment. ● Embedded videos in a web page cannot be played at the same time while the PIP (picture-in-picture) function is operating.
  • If the Clock ( Settings General System Manager Time Clock) has not been set, the browsing history will not be saved.
  • The browsing history is saved from latest to oldest, with the oldest entries being overwritten first. ● Depending on the types of video/audio codecs supported, it might not be possible to play certain video and audio files while playing HTML5 Video/Audio.
  • Video sources from PC-optimised streaming service providers may not play properly on our proprietary Internet.

0 Likes
JohnAR
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, James,  for this repy.

I had attempted your steps, and they still dd not work for me.

I realize why.  The [HomePage] button on your TV is set to the factory default.  I had changed my Homepage to be the Search engine I prefer to use, StartPage, since the Web Guide does not have any way to add it as my preferred Search engine.  Apparantly, if I change my Homepage, those default tabs you noted are not obtainable again.  I tested it be reverting to the default homepage, and they are now available.  But, that eliminates my being able to select my preferred homepage.  Favorites should be available regardless on one's choice of homepage.

John

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JohnAR wrote:

Thank you, James,  for this repy.

I had attempted your steps, and they still dd not work for me.

I realize why.  The [HomePage] button on your TV is set to the factory default.  I had changed my Homepage to be the Search engine I prefer to use, StartPage, since the Web Guide does not have any way to add it as my preferred Search engine.  Apparantly, if I change my Homepage, those default tabs you noted are not obtainable again.  I tested it be reverting to the default homepage, and they are now available.  But, that eliminates my being able to select my preferred homepage.  Favorites should be available regardless on one's choice of homepage.

John

Hi john, thanks for confirming the precise issue -know it is not ideal for your preferences.  Personally I do not use the TV's Web Browser a great deal.

JesperL
Student
Options

Can't understand why this problem still exists. This type of details, easily fixed, is something that makes Samsungs "Smart effort" feel amateurish. Just put a f*cking button in the browser to reach the favorites. 

Tv431
First Poster
Options

Web camera for 6 series 43 curved tv

0 Likes