Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number not recognized

(Topic created on: 01-12-2018 11:07 AM)
Zmaja
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I'm trying to apply for a 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty offer, but everything I try, it says that my serial number is not recognized. 

I've purchased QE49Q6FN TV on Friday, at Currys in Ireland. I've found the serial number at the back of the TV. I've tried all suggestions I've found here, like removing the last character from the S/N, but nothing worked so far.

Could someone please help me out? Thank you!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Zmaja wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to apply for a 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty offer, but everything I try, it says that my serial number is not recognized. 

I've purchased QE49Q6FN TV on Friday, at Currys in Ireland. I've found the serial number at the back of the TV. I've tried all suggestions I've found here, like removing the last character from the S/N, but nothing worked so far.

Could someone please help me out? Thank you!

HI @Zmaja, have you also checked that is the same serial number as displayed on TV - support-Contact Samsung.   In the past customer found solution by selecting model number initially.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Your-serial-number-isn-t-recognised-Solved/m-p/52...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Zmaja
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thank You for the answer. I've checked the serial number displayed on TV and it's the same one as on the back of the TV. I had no problem with adding the TV to registered devices in my account. But, when I try to fill out the 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty form, I get the error that my serial number is not recognized. 

In that form, there are 2 options for selecting the model number for my TV. I've tried both of them and both of them with full S/N and S/N without the last character, but for all options I get the same error.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Zmaja, one of the moderators may be able to assist further (you have tried the options I'm aware of) or you could contact Samsung Support if you wish.  https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/   In any case defintely have a qualifying Tv from  one of the authorised retailers.  www.samsung.com/uk/screen - burn

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Zmaja
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help. Hope someone of moderators will jump in and assist me further.

AndrewL
Options
Hi @Zmaja. When you get to the registration stage, please enter the first 3 letters of the model number, QE4, into the text field and wait a few seconds for a drop down menu to appear. Choose your model number from the available options and then enter your serial number. It can sometimes be the case that entering the model number manually can affect the websites ability to recognise the associated serial number. Let me know how you get on.
Zmaja
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AndrewL. Thank you for jumping in and helping. I've tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I went to this 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty form and in the 'Product Information' section, I've tried to enter the first 3 letters, as you suggested, and selecting my model number. But I still get the same error, that the serial number is not recognized.

0 Likes