Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen mirroring from Windows 10 to Samsung UE46F6400 not working, error "The video data is not supported"

(Topic created on: 04-09-2017 05:15 PM)
bati
Apprentice
Options

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000282 EndHTML:000018835 StartFragment:000017220 EndFragment:000018620 StartSelection:000017220 EndSelection:000018616 SourceURL:https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Screen-mirroring-from-Windows-10-to-Samsung-UE40F... mirroring from Windows 10 to Samsung UE40F6510 not working, error "The video data is not supported" - Samsung Community

Hello all,

hope you can help me solve this issue.

I've trying to cast my Windows 10 laptop's desktop to my Samsung UE46F6400 Smart TV over a WiFi connection. I have correctly added the TV as a Connected device to my laptop. When I set the TV on "Screen Mirroring" and try to connect the laptop to a wireless display, the laptop shows as "connected" on the TV screens, but after a few seconds of "loading" an error message shows up saying "The video data is not supported".

I can successfully cast my smartphone screen to the same TV with no problem. I can also successfully cast my laptop to a different Samsung TV. I have updated all the drivers on the laptop and the TV runs the latest version of the software.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? I would be really glad to avoid an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to the TV.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Neeraj
First Poster
Options

Dear friend, I am also facing the same problem. Have you found the solution.... If you, the pls help it will be really helpful to me...  I have spent a lot of time on this, regards, 

Neeraj.

0 Likes
bati
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

Unfortunately I did not find any solution. As you can see nobody replied to me from the Samsung support team. 
I use HDMI. Next TV won't be from SAMSUNG for sure. I will go for another company.

0 Likes
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hello Bati,

you can try to lower the resolution of your computer as you with the message "The video data is not Supported" so may be the resolution of your computer is higher than your tv.

bati
Apprentice
Options

I will try it today and get back to you once tested. Thank you.

AntS
Options
0 Likes
bati
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I have forgotten to describe the results of my tests.
The problem is my laptop 13" has lower screen resolution than my Samsung TV so I coudn't set the same on both devices. That is why - I guess - I received the same information "The video data is not supported" once again.
But thanks anyway.
Maybe someone else can try the same with their laptops. 

0 Likes
ZPB
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Same problem here and 100x more frustrating since the PC not casting correctly is a Samsung Galaxy Book (Windows 10). It casts perfectly to the LG TV I have in my bedroom but not the Samsung TV in the family room

Setting resolution to 1080p didn’t help at all, hdmi cable does work

Samsung, please help!!

0 Likes