Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen mirror has sound but no video

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 03:28 AM)
Bobowankenobi
First Poster
Options

I have a Crystal series TU70000 Sumsung Smart TV (brand new) and a Galaxy S8+ (not new). When I select Tap View by tapping my phone on my TV, it prompts the mirroring process but the screen goes black. If I play a video on my phone, only the sound plays on the TV...no video. Is the issue with my phone or my TV? All software is up to date on both. Connecting via Wi-Fi and Smart Things/View app.

18 REPLIES 18
DonSiel
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem and I can't solve it yet... any suggestions?

cmsc
Student
Options

I'm experiencing the same problem. Audio only, no video when screen mirroring thru Smart View. My TV is also a Crystal Series TU7000 and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. 

MirrorNotMovie
Student
Options

The video below that page shows me but the movie from Amazon, Disney does not show me. After the lasts updated that's happening. How can I fix it?

0 Likes
Stavros1999
Apprentice
Options

To everyone out there with this issue... its because your device is not "bluetooth" compatible for casting. Sounds ridiculous when dealing with both devices samsung especially but I just figured it because I tried 3 Samsung devices proven 100% on other TVs but not the 7series. Then I cast 2 lg devices that SPECIFICALLY said "mirracast" and they worked instantly. so stop tweaking TV settings... it's the casting device. It must say "mirracast"....  at least that's what worked here.

0 Likes
Stavros1999
Apprentice
Options

Look at my post

0 Likes
Stavros1999
Apprentice
Options

Update from last post! Download or enable "smartview for Samsung'  devices- then go to connection guide on TV and go to smart view and enable to connect- when it asks to pair agree and there you go

0 Likes
MirrorNotMovie
Student
Options

Nope. I installed at all miracasting not working.

It is smart view by Amazon stick trought out mirror screen. Amazon video, Disney video and Netflix video aren't working because the app only working if it is installed in tv driver or stick. By the way, it is wrong according to the law. But...

0 Likes
MirrorNotMovie
Student
Options

Nope. Device Samsung android every Samsung s10 plus, note 20 A10e Xiaomi. The problem is the android and apps like Amazon Prime, Disney plus, net fix does not allow it to do it. Smart view and enable in Amazon stick mirror screen. Should doing only with wifi and the app need to install inside the stick driver or chrome cast whatever. The video not showing on tv because those apps are not on TV but outside.

Without wifi, it is not possible. 

You need the hotspot or wifi...

That it is I know until right now.....

Mirror apps not working I was trying 10 or more.

0 Likes
MirrorNotMovie
Student
Options

It is working on your android phone only or table if have wifi, hotspot, or data to connect with the internet. If you try YouTube or piracy by apps as HD movies....every working through mirror screen. 

0 Likes