Go to solution Solved

Screen Mirroring 46UEF6800 not working with S7 edge Android 7.0

(Topic created on: 16-04-2017 05:10 PM)
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All

I have a problem with screen mirroring.

My tv has last firmware 2126 and the screen mirroring work with Samsung Tab S2 with Android 6.0. It does not work with S7 edge Android 7.0

The screen mirroring of the S7 edge works with a Samsung Tv 40UH6900, so I don't know if the problem is of the phone or Tv. 

Can you help me to solve it? 

Thanks

Marina

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Could you remove the connection between the TV and the phone/ Forget the connection? 

What error are you receiving? 

Could you go into your Gallery on your phone and select a photo. After this, could you tap share and then press on the Smart View button. Does this connect? 

Have you tried installing the Smart View app from the Google Play store? 

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @psssmarina1.

Could you send a little more info on how you're trying to use the Screen Mirroring? 

Are you on the Wi-Fi or 3G when you're doing this? 

Could you connect to your Wi-Fi then pull down on the top of the S7 Edge screen and select the Smart View icon. 

Do you have sidesync installed on your phone? 
If you do, could you try connect to the TV via sidesync. If this doesn't work, could you then un-install sidesync and try to mirror to your TV again? :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Jordan,

thanks for your anwser.

So, I'm on wifi, and I connect exaclty how you describe. I pull down and select the Smart View icon.

The TV and the phone see each other, the both say "connecting to ... ", but after few seconds there is an error.

How do not have sidesync on my phone. Should I try it?

I remind you that the connection between S7edge and Samsung HU6900 works.

Marina

0 Likes
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Could you remove the connection between the TV and the phone/ Forget the connection? 

What error are you receiving? 

Could you go into your Gallery on your phone and select a photo. After this, could you tap share and then press on the Smart View button. Does this connect? 

Have you tried installing the Smart View app from the Google Play store? 

psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I followed your suggestion of selecting the photo in the Gallery,  and then connecting using with smart view. And it worked. After that also the screen mirroring works. 

I do not know what was the reason for not working,  but thanks very much for your help! 

Marina

0 Likes
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

That's great to hear, @psssmarina1

Enjoy your Screen Mirroring. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Oskar
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I have a similar issue with my samsung tv and galaxy s7 edge regarding screen mirrioring. I am unable to display any content from my phone to the TV. But for some reason I am able to watch TV content on my phone, as well as the function to hear TV audio on my phone. I've tried the gallery shortcut key (no luck - TV starts connecting and after 20 sec displays a black screen without any pictures). I've tried connecting from the quick settings shortcut key "Smart View" with absolutely no luck. Also I've tried from the quick connect settings and still no luck. In addition I've forgotten and reregistered my TV to no avail. Also I have tried connecting to the TV at work (no luck). My friend's S7 works fine with my TV and the TV at work so the issue has to be with my phone. The problem stared after upgrade to the newest software on my phone. (Android 7.0) or quite possibly even before that. It worked fine before. Also I tried deleting the samsung connect cahce from application manager with no luck. Restarted the phone loads of time. Seems like I've tried everything up to factory reseting my phone. Any ideas what could be the issue?

0 Likes
Oskar
Apprentice
Options

Also Sidesync is not working properly on my phone.

0 Likes
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Oskar

If the above steps that I suggested previously didn't work, could you give our Contact Centre a call on: 0330 726 7864

They're available to contatc Monday to Saturday between 9am-6pm. 

0 Likes
Bush333
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. What was this fix for this? Thanks

0 Likes