Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Recording

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 06:26 PM)
chrisidle06
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have just bought a Samsung UE55KU6400 and I am having trouble with scheduled recordings.

The recordings work when the TV is on but when I schedule them whilst I am at work the recording doesn't happen and simply disappear off my list. 

I have updated the latest software as well.

I have also tried a memory stick and an external hard drive (mains powered) in both USB ports as well.

Recording is one of the main reasons why I bought the TV so any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
lat002
Journeyman
Options

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you've got a result at last.  It's a shame about all the aggravation.  It surely takes the shine off a new purchase.  I think many manufacturers are still themselves learning with these smart TV's.  My first so called smart TV was a Sony and that was a big let down and turned out to be pretty dumb actually.  I think caution is called for and healthy scepticism of the claims of the manufacturers (whoever they are).

I hope you you manage to get a smart TV that meets all your needs.

Regards, Les

0 Likes
ctmc1
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I had exactly the same issue with a Samsung TV and found a suggestion on another message thread to disable the 'auto switch off' function (turns the TV off if there has been no user input for several hours).  This worked for me.

Previously I  had umpteen conversations with Samsung support who were completely, utterly useless. Had been struggling with the issue for well over a year and had given up. Tried recording on both USB stick and hard drive but both failed unless the tv was switched on. It would work when I tested it after trying something new, but not after I had left the tv off for an extended period.

Many other frustrations with the TV eg no way (at least that Samsung know) to switch off the password for PG rated recordings. So when I record pretty much anything after 9pm I have to put in a password to watch it. Daft. 

But at least I can record now! Good luck.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Can't believe it, I know bit made to buy the Q900R 8K telly, but it is on a 100 day trial. I had a js, returned because would do scheduled recording, then tried the KS9500, same issue and Samsung replaced with a Q9F, and they said they still had problems with recording. I would have thought they would have sorted this with a £7000 TV! There was no mention in their advertisement of any issues, but again after a couple of weeks it has stopped scheduled recording. Still does time shift and records what you are watching. So this is now my very last Samsung.
Paul
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@lat002 wrote:

Hi Paul1277,

I've just re-read your post about the USB ports and hard drives.  Samsung in the user manual for your TV state that a hard drive must be connected to the USB (HDD) port and they recommend use of a hard drive with it's own poer adapter (which I know you said you have).  I have read of other people having issues with their hard drive when connected to other USB ports so surely it's worth a try? 

I have also read that although your TV has 2 tuners, 1 is for Freesat and 1 is for Freeview.  If true this is like my TV, so depending upon what TV service you are using (viz: Freesat or Freeview) you could well be having the same problems that I wrote about in my last post.  If you are using Freeview you will likely be limited by the Freeview transmission by Multiplex.  This is nothing to do with Samsung.  If the hard disk that is connected to the TV is recording (say) BBC1 (which is transmitted from Multiplex BBCA), I can only tune the TV into another station using the BBC A multiplex (which are BBC 2 or BBC 4).

For information the list of Freeview chanels and the associated Multiplex can be found on lots of websites.  This link is one such:  http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

So why do you have the same issue with recording from the freest,  which does not have multiple Plex issurs.? 

0 Likes
Kh92
First Poster
Options

I have recently bought a samsung ue75nu8000 4K smart tv I go to press record on a programme but doesn’t give me the option to series link it how do I get a series link what button do I have to press. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Kh92 wrote:

I have recently bought a samsung ue75nu8000 4K smart tv I go to press record on a programme but doesn’t give me the option to series link it how do I get a series link what button do I have to press. 

I think you have to do that from the schedule list.  

0 Likes