Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 18-10-2019 06:48 PM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

162 REPLIES 162
juanelo
Navigator
Options

I would be willing to pay Samsung to implement Dolby Vision on my tv.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@juanelo wrote:

I would be willing to pay Samsung to implement Dolby Vision on my tv.

@juanelo  As Dolby Vision is not currently the priority for Samsung (with focus on HRD10+)   not going to be an option, even if some are frustrated.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

100pat
Pioneer
Options

Apple TV+ starts on Friday. But it's choice of HDR format won't exactly have Samsung-afflicted viewers jumping for joy.  
(Note that if you have an Apple TV box you can set it to 4K SDR and enable Match Range to watch stuff in HDR10 and HDR10+ and then turn off Match Range for stuff in Dolby Vision and watch that in SDR. Rather tedious!)

Randy-312
Journeyman
Options
Agreed!
How about a hundred dollars Samsung?
I think the license won't cost you more than three to four dollars per set but will this make it worth your time?
Randy-312
Journeyman
Options

I've been looking at the Vizio PX Quantum Series.
it has 384 local dimming zones, and from all of the reviews, appears to be a great display.

Samsung, Can you do better than this on a Dolby Vision set?

juanelo
Navigator
Options

Ok If there is no other choice I would be willing yo Pay Samsung to implement HDR10+ on My tv. But after that I Will nevera Buy a Samsung product again.

0 Likes
100pat
Pioneer
Options

randy-312

You have to be careful about reviews. How many have you read about Samsung TVs that mention their weakness with DolbyVision content - it's like the elephant in the room. Mostly it doesn't pay reviewers to highlight important negative attributes so they just eulogise and pick some minor defect to criticise so as to appear "balanced"

Billythesquid
First Poster
Options

If they do.... will the 2019 model take the update????????????

Randy-312
Journeyman
Options

Tough decisions to make in the next 48 hours..  on a 65"
Costco has the top of the line Dolby-Vision compatible Vizio AND the Q6D for $1k.  $1200 for the Q7D series AND the Sony X850G which is built on the fledgling Android TV platform.

https://www.costco.com/CompareProductsDisplay?partNumbers=100485493,100495141,100483381,10048354

https://www.costco.com/CompareProductsDisplay?partNumbers=100485493,100495141,100483381,10048354

0 Likes
Randy-312
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, it is nice when you get new features in an update....  

@Billythesquid wrote:

If they do.... will the 2019 model take the update????????????

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Official/comments/dtg2xi/changelog_for_402030/f6wzsxe?utm_source=shar...