Support

Open search

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

First Poster

PS My Macbook AIr connects and is recognised but a bit inconvenient

First Poster

Hi no I haven't.  I really can't be bothered stuffing about which is why this has peeved me off so much.  I have a media player so now using the usb in that but it doesn't recognise all files.  It's infuriating this is obviously a common problem and Samsung have no remedy.  My tvs are under 18 months old.  

I had the same problem.
For now I fixed it but turning off the TV for a couple of minutes (I mean unplugging it)

First Poster

Hi, My TV gets unplugged every night and the Samsung person I was talking to online did reset the HDMI/USB ports so I'm guessing it was the last firmware/software update that is the culprit.  Someone further up this thread tried to downgrade it but without success.  All the comments on google play (Samsung Smart View app) seem to suggest this as well??   I will have another go and turning off and back on though! 

First Poster

Hey folks, 

Perhaps it will stop working again--but as if by magic, my USB drive has started working again. I didn't download anything either, which makes me think it was an automatic update (my TV is connected to the internet). Perhaps everyone's complaints on here spurred Samsung to a solution? If so, well done, all!

First Poster

Just tried mine again and it's working! 

First Poster

Mines working again as well. Hopefully will continue to work. 

First Poster

Well that was short lived. Was working, went to watch something today and getting the spinning wheel of death while nothing loads AGAIN.

Not sure what is up with these Samsung tv's, not really impressed at all.

Top Liked Authors