Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 08:36 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
javl123
Student
Options

Thank you so much Leon1980, i have had trouble with connecting my NAS to my TV for the last 3 weeks.

Had already tried the TV reset and still nothing was working. The APPS store was white screening and the same white screen on my NAS icon folder too. Tried the Smart Hub reset as you mentioned and all is working as normal!  :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Thank you for posting the solution. I hope someone at Samsung is taking note of these issues. 

Leon1980
Journeyman
Options

Ha

@SAHIL11 wrote:

Leon 1980 

thanks bro... ur solution worked for me....

guys try this solution
Do a complete TV reset THEN the do the hub reset.

Happy to hear it worked for you! Mine is still going strong even after moving the TV to a new house, let's just hope this works for others who's been having problems as well! 

0 Likes
Leon1980
Journeyman
Options

@javl123 wrote:

Thank you so much Leon1980, i have had trouble with connecting my NAS to my TV for the last 3 weeks.

Had already tried the TV reset and still nothing was working. The APPS store was white screening and the same white screen on my NAS icon folder too. Tried the Smart Hub reset as you mentioned and all is working as normal!  :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Thank you for posting the solution. I hope someone at Samsung is taking note of these issues. 

Yes! Glad to see its working for you as well! @SAHIL11  also reported his TV as back to working normally again. I'm absolutely delighted to hear my fix worked for you guys! 👍

JU6000
First Poster
Options

Hi using 48JU6000 which started to have this problem too. Will try all the trouble shooting methods posted here. Hopefully works. So disappointed with Samsung right now.

0 Likes
JU6000
First Poster
Options

Hi all. Finally got tha ***** tv to detect & play my usb hdd contents again. First i tried the smart hub method. It worked for like 20 mins before it started having problems again. Previously no content shown but now it got stuck in the search contents process. Smart hub also started showing problems where the apps that weren’t pre installed was missing in the menu where all your installed apps were. When i look for it in the app store it showed open not the install button. But there was no way to do both as it stated that Smart Hub was updating. Also when i tried to update the pre installed apps it said no sufficient space available. In the menu also the update firmware option now is stated as not available. 

So then i tried the turning off & pull out the power plug method. After 10 mins i turned  it back on and usb contents were detected. Tried playing a few & no issues detected.

In summary I’ve solved my usb media issue but now facing problems with the smart hub apps. Thanks to all that posted the workaround & I’m pretty sure my next tv won’t be Samsung anymore.

0 Likes
javl123
Student
Options

Hi, as Leon stated earlier, please first try:

Settings > Support > Self diagnosis > Reset

Let the TV completely reset to factory settings. Once complete then try: Settings > Support > Self diagnosis > Smart Hub Reset

Seems to have done the trick for a few.

Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

As I mentioned earlier.  Start keeping a diary of what you do to the TV and the result of your actions.  In the event that you have not found a total root cause cure the diary will be an importand diagnostic document as well as support for any communication you have with your supplier as well as with Samsung.

0 Likes
Mart77
Journeyman
Options
Sadly didn't work for me,after about 5 powerdowns the TV returned to just showing a white screen when trying to read from usb
0 Likes
SAHIL11
Apprentice
Options

After 4 days ... usb working very well... like normal as it was worked

thanks leon again 

Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options
when you power down you need to leave the power off for about 5 minutes before turning the power back on. Why? So all the capacitors on the system have a chance to fully discharge.
0 Likes