Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 08:40 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
tvtalkturmoil
Apprentice
Options

I've also joined to say i'm having the same problem with USBs and hard drives. My samsung model is UE55MU6470U. After 18 months of working without problems, suddenly in December 2019 it started to intermittently not read drives. I've also been using the switch-off / factory reset method and most times it cures the problem (but only for a short time). This is so annoying as I can't rely on the TV to function as it should. As mentioned above, I've sent the message to samsung and currently waiting for response.

John_John
Explorer
Options

Yes it is the new firmware update. Now we know.

Next step go to your local samsung support site in your country and write them a big email telling them about your problem about that software upgrade and linking them this topic.

The more of us doing this the faster we will get the update with the fix.

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Yesterday I spent over one hour  with Samsung Support and they came up with the following suggested FIX for the issues with Smart Hub not reading USB sticks or drives and not connecting to ANY source other than TV.

Here it is.

1.  Reset the Smart Hub then

2.  Change your internet region to something other than where you are - for me they suggested a change to Canada.  then

3. Reset the Smart Hub again,  then

4. Change your internet region back to what it should be for where you are located - for me thats Australia.

NOTE::  there is a code that you need to enter with your remote control once your on the terms and condition, dont agree to it yet then enter the code for the region/server,

Smart remote code is  : MUTE - RETURN - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE
IR remote code is     : >>(FF) – 2 – 8 – 9 <<(REW)

Thats it .  I have done this and so far the issues seems resolved.  I will provide an update in a few days time.

0 Likes
Runner043
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Same problem for me in Ireland, wont read USB drive. Started end of December.

I'm raising the issue with Samsung Ireland but hopefully some Samsung moderators are picking this up also.

I had my tv set to auto update sw so Samsung must have pushed a new sw version out.

my tv is UE49KS7000 and sw is T-JZMDEUC-1241.5

raphade
First Poster
Options

@Merino-Noir wrote:

Yesterday I spent over one hour  with Samsung Support and they came up with the following suggested FIX for the issues with Smart Hub not reading USB sticks or drives and not connecting to ANY source other than TV.

Here it is.

1.  Reset the Smart Hub then

2.  Change your internet region to something other than where you are - for me they suggested a change to Canada.  then

3. Reset the Smart Hub again,  then

4. Change your internet region back to what it should be for where you are located - for me thats Australia.

NOTE::  there is a code that you need to enter with your remote control once your on the terms and condition, dont agree to it yet then enter the code for the region/server,

Smart remote code is  : MUTE - RETURN - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE
IR remote code is     : >>(FF) – 2 – 8 – 9 <<(REW)

Thats it .  I have done this and so far the issues seems resolved.  I will provide an update in a few days time.

I started having USB connectivity issues today with my KU7000. I found this post and this worked for me, thanks!

The only difference for me is that since my TV is the K-Series I had to enter a slightly different code (also if you have a H-Series): MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE

0 Likes
Pierre48
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was to unplug (not turn off) the tv for 10 to 15 min. and it came back to normal after that.

David912
Student
Options

Also joined to say that I have this problem on my TV UE40KU6400 since the end of December 2019. It's intemittent.

Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Bad News.   The problem is back,  Its still intermittent and the ONLY tempory fix is to turn the power OFF at the wall, wait a few minutes then power back on.

The Smart Hub reset was NOT a fix.

Siopao
Apprentice
Options

Haha i feel your pain all the way here to the Philippines. I guess we better switch to Sony tvs in the future then. It seems like even Samsung doesnt know how to fix the problem.

I think the damage caused by their update is already irreparable. Or else we should've been hearing from them for a proper fix already. The problem has been going on for some weeks based from older posts.

I think there's also a dongle that turns any flat screen TV to smart (TV becomes a monitor). We can always try that as a last resort.

But, yeah, shame on Samsung.

Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

I will try on line chat AGAIN with samsung tomorrow as I have just received a reply from the office of the CEO - basicly it says Contact Customer Support!!

0 Likes