Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 01:42 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
xtsimpo
Apprentice
Options

KS7000 owner here and I experience the same problem out of a sudden. 1241 the latest firmware. Tried everything, nothing works. 

xtsimpo
Apprentice
Options
Well I found a solution just moments after my first reply.

I press the back button on the remote for about 10 seconds. This forces the USB media player app to close entirely. Then I enter via source to the HDD drive. Everything works now.
Leon1980
Journeyman
Options
Quick edit: Did all the recommended actions from the previous posters, TV reset, formatting drives, switched TV off for half n hour, still nothing.. Im just utterly disappointed at the moment. Samsung, a brand I've been using and recommending, would go and do this to us then they still have the gall to tell us to just go buy a new motherboard? FIX WHAT YOU BROKE WITH YOUR STUPID FIRMWARE UPGRADES!
0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

I have solved the isues i was having with the USB drive access.  BUT I have not solved the USB problem.

I have an extensive media collection on mt win 10 pc - over 3  tyerrabytes of material video, audio and photo's.  From time to time I would copy some of it onto USB sticks so it could be accessed on my Samsung TV's.  Really convienient - till as we all know - about a month back when, bsed on the messages from all of you, it seems Samsung 'broke' our TV's.  Thanks Samsung - NOT!

I have discoverd a soution that provides the same functionality WITHOUT the need for the USB - that is accessing the media on my pc thru the Samsung TV.  Here it is...

Most of today's TVs and media devices support streaming over the network using the DLNA protocol. Even newer smartphones support this protocol, which basically allows you to watch any video or listen to any song stored in your computer, by streaming it to any media device which is compatible with this protocol. Still, in order to be able to stream media files, you will first need to install a specialized application. Our Samsung TV's use DLNA.

You need to get then run a bit of software on the PC to make this work .  The software is from LG and its called SmartShare - which is actually a sub licenced edition of Nero MediaHome.   Once its installed then your Samsung PC can see it as a valid media source.  There are 2 things to be aware of, first after installing the software you MUST run the included SmartShare setup utility to tell it where on your PC the media files are located.  Second - to access the media on the PC, the PC must be running.

Here is a link to download the software from LG for a Windows pc ay NO COST

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/smart-share-for-windows-installation-setup-and-use-pc-sof...

or if you would prefer the original NERO source - it IS NOT free you can you use this link

https://www.nero.com/ena/products/nero-mediahome/?currency=aud&vlang=au&country=au&  

Well this provides the functionality I was looking for.

BTW for the cost of a Samsung motherboard replacement you can purchase a new LG !

Well done Samsung!

John_John
Explorer
Options
I'm sure this is some software error and it wasn't present until now this is just silly they need to put out an update and fix it no way our motherboards all failed on us in this mass of an event.

Is anyone from Samsung reading this forum officially or we are just wasting our time.
Takehiro2222
First Poster
Options

"Well I found a solution just moments after my first reply.

I press the back button on the remote for about 10 seconds. This forces the USB media player app to close entirely. Then I enter via source to the HDD drive. Everything works now."

This worked for me, many thanks for your post!!!

0 Likes
BalmoreRene1986
Student
Options

I just had the same problem today. Thankfully I just fixed it a few minutes ago. For anyone that's having issues with it right now. What I did is I went to Settings then I went to Support after I went to Self Diagnosis and then I pressed Reset Smart Hub and it fixed it. 

BalmoreRene1986
Student
Options
I resetted the Smart hub on my tv and it fixed it.
0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

@BalmoreRene1986 wrote:

I just had the same problem today. Thankfully I just fixed it a few minutes ago. For anyone that's having issues with it right now. What I did is I went to Settings then I went to Support after I went to Self Diagnosis and then I pressed Reset Smart Hub and it fixed it. 

Yes - but not for long!  The issue WILL come back as soon as you power cycle the TV with the remote on/off.

See my post above for a work around

0 Likes
Norea
First Poster
Options

@BalmoreRene1986 wrote:
I resetted the Smart hub on my tv and it fixed it.

Thanks this fixed my issue. Ua55mu6100 here. 

0 Likes