Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 26-12-2019 06:13 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
ChrisM76
First Poster
Options

I'm also having trouble with my Samsung 4k 8000 series tv not reading some of the folders on my USB hard drive. I spent some time with tech support explaining the issue to them and they could not solve the problem. My issue is related to a "No content found" that occurs when accessing folders that have a creation date of 12/31/1969.  None of these folders were actually created on that date. Every PC in my house reads the folders with their proper creation date, however, EVERY single Samsung device in my house (two 8000 series tv's, two 7100 series tv's and a Samsung 4k blu-ray player) reads the folders with the wrong date and therefore won't access the files inside the folders. I explained this to the tech and her advice was to purchase a new One Connect box. This is clearly a software issue on Samsung's end. This needs to be resolved!

ELewsley
Journeyman
Options

After a couple yrs with mine and not being I.T. Too stupid , its a glitch , i can always fix mine with a overnight unplug , there proly is a time thing b4 the cpu resets (cmos) or some other CMD , Its still rocking though and im learning to deal with its querks ... Still not a good look Samsung , sort ur hair out too xxx :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: 

0 Likes
Rdbb
First Poster
Options

So I spent 2 hours with XFINITY (COMCAST)  they advised this is a Samsung issue everywhere, not just some,  but all the time.  He wishes they would fix it because he HAD a SAMSUNG and liked it the best.  Then he advised me to get a new one.  I stated it is NEW, and they laughed.

0 Likes
Solution
Zigmunth
Student
Options

The solution that worked for me was to go into settings into External Devices Manager (not sure how it is in English, my menu is in Polish) and remove all my phones, tablets etc.

Than I switched off the TV, disconnected the USB drive and turned on my TV. It still works. I hope it helps. 

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :winking-face:

mehdimeskin
Student
Options

Thanks for your post.

I had the same problem, and it's just solved by these two actions:

1- I've formatted my USB drive with NTFS format.

2- I've reset my TV from menu/ support/ self diagnosis/ reset

Thanks

Bendre
First Poster
Options
Hi, thanks a lot...I also faced the same issue and I followed the same step as per your comments and it worked. It’s working as before.
I had raised this issue online in Samsung service call centre. Some Samsung technician came and said that i have to change whole motherboard of the TV. I just said I will only resolve this issue because it was working in the morning and suddenly in the after I faced this issue and when I google this issue I saw your comments and implemented. It worked
Baztuz
First Poster
Options

@mehdimeskin wrote:

Thanks for your post.

I had the same problem, and it's just solved by these two actions:

1- I've formatted my USB drive with NTFS format.

2- I've reset my TV from menu/ support/ self diagnosis/ reset

Thanks

Just experienced the problem about an hour ago. I want to confirm that doing a reset fixed the USB issue. Good luck everyone! And Happy Holidays!

0 Likes
mopena
First Poster
Options
wow! this just happened to my MU6100 just yesterday. is this a trend?

tried resetting it then briefly it was able to read the drive. tried another drive, then suddenly it can't read again
Zigmunth
Student
Options

Resetting the whole TV removes the devices as well. Try my solution first, it might save you time setting up your whole TV environment later.

0 Likes
Leela73
First Poster
Options

Solved! Thank you! 👍🏼

0 Likes