Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 13-05-2019 07:19 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
LauraAS
Apprentice
Options

PS My Macbook AIr connects and is recognised but a bit inconvenient

Leesm
Journeyman
Options

Hi no I haven't.  I really can't be bothered stuffing about which is why this has peeved me off so much.  I have a media player so now using the usb in that but it doesn't recognise all files.  It's infuriating this is obviously a common problem and Samsung have no remedy.  My tvs are under 18 months old.  

Fedaykyn
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.
For now I fixed it but turning off the TV for a couple of minutes (I mean unplugging it)

LauraAS
Apprentice
Options

Hi, My TV gets unplugged every night and the Samsung person I was talking to online did reset the HDMI/USB ports so I'm guessing it was the last firmware/software update that is the culprit.  Someone further up this thread tried to downgrade it but without success.  All the comments on google play (Samsung Smart View app) seem to suggest this as well??   I will have another go and turning off and back on though! 

JesseW
Apprentice
Options

Hey folks, 

Perhaps it will stop working again--but as if by magic, my USB drive has started working again. I didn't download anything either, which makes me think it was an automatic update (my TV is connected to the internet). Perhaps everyone's complaints on here spurred Samsung to a solution? If so, well done, all!

Leesm
Journeyman
Options

Just tried mine again and it's working! 

wtaylor6790
Student
Options

Mines working again as well. Hopefully will continue to work. 

Leesm
Journeyman
Options

Well that was short lived. Was working, went to watch something today and getting the spinning wheel of death while nothing loads AGAIN.

Not sure what is up with these Samsung tv's, not really impressed at all.

ELewsley
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem and samsung smart view stopped recognising tv @ the sametime , its done it before and will return but glitching out is not a good look samsung and you should be ashamed , i also will not be purchasing or recommending your products again , vote with your feet guys :smiling-face: Dont go apple though lol 

johnboeing
First Poster
Options

Hello from Brazil. My 65" QLED Samsung Q80R is doing the same and Samsung Concierge just couldn't help me with it. Sending the whole tv to the warranty just because of this would be so weird and difficult! I've tried to reset the tv, reset the smarthub, upgrade the tv, tried different models e formats of USB and HDD and... nothing... just the "loading spinning wheel of death" logo... BTW: my TV is just one month old. Samsung never more!