First Poster
Options

Anyone any ideas?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
HJD1
Pioneer
Options
A few times the voice control has stopped working with my UE49M6300. I've learnt that a factory reset doesn't fix it, nor does having the latest updates. The only thing that 'cures' it is unplugging the tv from the mains. Then after switching back on the voice remote works again, until the next time it stops working!
I've done this four times in a year. Reminds me of my laptop when it gets stuck and the only thing to do is 'turn it off and back on again'. Don't expect your new expensive electronic devices to work properly day after day.
I've only just found that the tv runs its own antivirus check. So much 'stuff' gets loaded into them, with streaming, new apps etc., that something is bound to give them digital indigestion every now and then!
0 Likes
Frotus
First Poster
Options

Voice remote control not working

HJD1
Pioneer
Options

Assuming the batteries are ok and the remote has previously worked, the only thing that has always fixed this issue for me was resetting the TV to factory condition, then re-pairing the remote. Unfortunately, it does also mean re entering passwords, reinstalling apps etc..

I find owning my Samsung smart tv is similar to using a PC running Windows ME. Works fine then once you connect to the internet and add a few programs it starts to misbehave and has to be reinstalled! I must be on my six or seventh reinstall now. The last time I reinstalled as the smart remote stopped controlling the cable box. I say the control stopped but really it is the tv itself that sends the commands to the tivo etc.. As soon as I did the factory reset the control worked again to change channels on the tivo. I'm afraid the Samsung TV software is proving rather flaky.

0 Likes
Lingab1
First Poster
Options

Tried everything, resetting, unplugging, updating software, replacing batteries, etc. The only thing that worked was turning the set off using the button on the actual tv, not by using the remote. Now it's back to normal

0 Likes
LeeLee
First Poster
Options

Hi I no this is a old thread but I have a silver touch remote 43" RU7100 HDR Smart 4K TV is my tele I'm using when I go to voice control in setting and select it It does nothing but makes the setting go grey and even more grey if I continue to press select any help pls

0 Likes
LeeLee
First Poster
Options
Also remote control I'm trying to pair is
SAMSUNG AA59-00631A RMCTPE1 SMART TOUCH REMOTE VOICE ES7000 and ES8000.
by Samsung
0 Likes
Steve6916
First Poster
Options
Try turning off at the wall first. Im guessing it did work at first?
0 Likes
Steve6916
First Poster
Options
I also find that lots of smart tvs have lots of apps like youtube, prime etc etc. If these aren't closed down after use then the tv acts like a old PC. Ie struggling to run lots of programs. Ive realised now that when the tv stops functioning correctly, i need to turn off and on at mains supply. It then sorts itself out.
0 Likes
LeeLee
First Poster
Options

Is this a reply to me 

I habemthad smart remote on my TV before I brought remote new and have a ir blaster pls help if u no how to setup as nothing online works I have paired the remote only getting vol and home button to work plus says online to press play and menu buttons to pair I do not have a play button on Remote 

0 Likes
Mrana
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issue with my UN50RU7100FXZA. New remote (BN59-01312A), new batteries, mic works with YouTube app Search but does not work for Voice Interaction with the Samsung TV (no Bixby).

Have you received any luck? Tech support via phone did not help and live chat was no help either.

0 Likes