Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung regional lock j6

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 12:29 AM)
Mo28
Student
Options

Hey guys, need some tips about getting rid of region lock on my Samsung j6 2018.

I live in Italy and I used this phone for 8 months now, I want to send it to my mom in Ghana,just wanna know whether it would work there, because I have already used the phone here in Italy making calls that last more than 10 minutes to Ghana. Is it that my mom needs to get an Italian or an EU sim, in order to unlock it, or so far as I have already used it here to call Ghana several times beyond 10 minutes that's all it would work there....? Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @Mo28.

All your calls will have removed the region lock. So all you need to worry about now is the network lock. This is when your phone is locked to a specific network, and can be removed by contacting your network provider and asking for a Personal Unblocking Key (PUK code).

Of course, if you purchased your phone already unlocked to every network then you're ready to go!

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @Mo28.

All your calls will have removed the region lock. So all you need to worry about now is the network lock. This is when your phone is locked to a specific network, and can be removed by contacting your network provider and asking for a Personal Unblocking Key (PUK code).

Of course, if you purchased your phone already unlocked to every network then you're ready to go!

Welcome to the Community!

Mo28
Student
Options
Thank you...😊