Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung refund

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 06:12 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do you know if you have think you havw been miss sold you can get a full refund.

The forum is discussing the issue of no Smart Connect, no HDR10+ and no HLG with BBC iplayer.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Blue-Planet-2-HLG-No-Samsung/m-p/367823/highlight...

I copied in the issues below but in can be any type of miss selling. If you go to the link you can see people are sending KS tv's back for miss selling.

Faulty product or been miss sold, then read on,

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay!
Also Samsung promised the Smart Connect and HDR10+ both not turned up, and again mis selling. If you were influanced by these promises to buy any Samsung KS series then check out this link and see if you are entitled to a refund.

https://www.which.co.uk/tools/faulty-goods-complaint-tool/

Useful links
https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#HKmkBd0MMSTZvqxK.99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY
https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1492684962
https://news.samsung.com/us/hdr10-plus-samsung-amazon-video-deliver-next-generation-hdr-video-experi...
https://news.samsung.com/global/how-hdr10-creates-like-real-images

This Which tool is useful for any product issues from faulty to miss selling on any products. It is very quick and easy to use.
Good Luck.

15 REPLIES 15
Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

Its is such a delight to see and acknowledge that there are people like me - who feel deceived by Samsung!

I had purchased a Samsung UE55KS9000 (curved) TV in Nov-2016, and I am totally gutted when samsung replied to my tweet saying that "there are no pland to update HLG for BBC iplayer for 2016 models" 

Is there really a chance that I could get a refund? or replacement for a newer model? I purchased this from John Lewis.

Thanks guys for taking the initiative.

regards

Sam

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:

Its is such a delight to see and acknowledge that there are people like me - who feel deceived by Samsung!

I had purchased a Samsung UEKS9500 TV in Nov-2016, and I am totally gutted when samsung replied to my tweet saying that "there are no pland to update HLG for BBC iplayer for 2016 models" 

Is there really a chance that I could get a refund? or replacement for a newer model? I purchased this from John Lewis.

Thanks guys for taking the initiative.

regards

Sam

Did you see the J Lewis web page advertising the set and did you see the smart connect free gongle it said you would get? If you did and we know you did not, then that is miss selling and follow the Which link on this forum. All so on the blue planet hlg forum there are some very interesting links about the smart connect. 

It is crazy how Panasonic and LG are supporting their 2016 models with the BBC IPlayer HLG. It just shows that Samsung are no longer in the top tier.

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

I did check the which link and they have sent me a draft letter to be sent to JL by post (which I will send tomorrow) 

also I did not get any dongle whatsoever.

I more gutted on the fact that panasonic and LG are providing HLG for BBC - even for their 2015 sets and Samsung doesnt 

they have "simply and Convieniently" declared the flagship sets of 2016 as "obsolete"

any other suggestions before i start my crusade against samsung to john lewis?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:

I did check the which link and they have sent me a draft letter to be sent to JL by post (which I will send tomorrow) 

I more gutted on the fact that panasonic and LG are providing HLG for BBC - even for their 2015 sets and Samsung doesnt 

they have "simply and Convieniently" declared the flagship sets of 2016 as "obsolete"

There is also the promise HDR10+ which their global news release promised 2016 set's would get the update, again that did not happen.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

With JL you will have a much better chance of a refund or replacement, I don’t think I will be buying anything from currys ever again with their current attitude.

@paul1277 wrote:

@Sam-Knp wrote:

There is also the promise HDR10+ which their global news release promised 2016 set's would get the update, again that did not happen.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options
@crashcris wrote:

Jones1... The smartthings dongle pledge made by Tim Baxter COO of Samsung Electronics can be seen on the video of the 2016 CES event. Just watch the first 1.5mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg11S-UZGv8

The pledge to supply these is unequivocal and was made before you purchased your set.

All I can say is magic. Some off the reply's you have had from Curry's say you should do your research, and I remember watching that but could not find the clip. I pretty sure it was early 2016. 

Also do not be put off wich this time issue. Did it mention anything about a time limiton the which tool? No.

It's part of the disinformation. I am some what pleased that they have not come out and denyed the miss selling, that should say a lot.

Paul

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I would like to address the issue of people who bought using the store's credit, either interest free or not. Believe it or not you have as much, if not better protection, and read on as there could be a nice surprise at the end.

I had an issue 20 years ago when I bought a TV, video player, and Sat system on an interest free store loan. I found out the Sat system was second hand, but had been sold to me as new. I complain to the retailer and was fobbed off (again raise the issue with the retailer and keep copies). I did a bit of research and found that under the 1974 credit act when you buy an item on a loan agreement that item again must be as described and you enter into a legally binding contract. Once you sign and pay the deposit the goods are legally yours. Here is the kicker (for the retailer) if there is a breach of that contract i.e. by miss selling then you are entitled to a full refund of all monies, and you also get to keep the item, as it is legally yours. The agreement can not be enforced if there is a breach, so you can advise the loan company that due to the miss selling of that item you are with holding payments until the breach is readied. I have been through this process and it worked. It did not cost me a penny and I got a full refund from the loan company, and kept the equipment. I did not have to threaten court either and again I think the FSA will investigate if you are fobbed off.

That link that shows the smart connect video I think proves miss selling, and again I do not think there is a time limit whilst you are still paying. I am not sure about when the loan has finished but Trading Standards should know. I always think a interest free load with a deposit over £100 paid on your credit card is the best way as you get far more protection.

Hope it helps, and again do not get fobbed off with this time thing.

Paul

paul

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I would like to address the issue of people who bought using the store's credit, either interest free or not. Believe it or not you have as much, if not better protection, and read on as there could be a nice surprise at the end.

I had an issue 20 years ago when I bought a TV, video player, and Sat system on an interest free store loan. I found out the Sat system was second hand, but had been sold to me as new. I complain to the retailer and was fobbed off (again raise the issue with the retailer and keep copies). I did a bit of research and found that under the 1974 credit act when you buy an item on a loan agreement that item again must be as described and you enter into a legally binding contract. Once you sign and pay the deposit the goods are legally yours. Here is the kicker (for the retailer) if there is a breach of that contract i.e. by miss selling then you are entitled to a full refund of all monies, and you also get to keep the item, as it is legally yours. The agreement can not be enforced if there is a breach, so you can advise the loan company that due to the miss selling of that item you are with holding payments until the breach is readied. I have been through this process and it worked. It did not cost me a penny and I got a full refund from the loan company, and kept the equipment. I did not have to threaten court either and again I think the FSA will investigate if you are fobbed off.

That link that shows the smart connect video I think proves miss selling, and again I do not think there is a time limit whilst you are still paying. I am not sure about when the loan has finished but Trading Standards should know. I always think a interest free load with a deposit over £100 paid on your credit card is the best way as you get far more protection.

Paul

paul

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Dear Mr Kilborn,

Thank you for your enquiry dated 6th January to the Citizens Advice consumer service. Your reference number is 14610486. Please accept our apology in the delay in responding to your enquiry.

We understand that you purchased a TV from a Trader on the 25th July 2016. You have stated that you feel that the goods are not as described as per the advert on their website.

Your rights and obligations

This purchase is governed by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that goods purchased must match the description supplied pre-contract, such as on the packaging, advert, or description for example.  This could also be as per the sample shown, or the model shown.

You can argue for a repair or replacement, any repairs that are carried out should be free and replacement should be on a like for like basis, both of these should be done within a reasonable time and without causing yourself any significant inconvenience. You as the consumer do only have to allow for one repair or replacement, and the trader may choose the most cost effective remedy of doing so. If the Trader cannot repair, or replace the item you would then be able to exercise the next tier of your remedies which would give you two options to be able to keep the goods and seek a partial refund, or to exercise the final reject of the goods where you would return them to the trader for an appropriate refund. As it is more than 6 months since purchase, this would take into account any usage.

Goods are covered for up to 6 years under the limitations act.

If you wish to request this remedy the burden of proof would be upon yourself to prove to the trader that they are in breach. In this circumstance this could be done by measuring the item against the measurements specified on the packaging, or referring to the advert, or description for example.

You would be within your rights to claim any standard delivery costs in relation to returning the item, or for any costs as per the Trader’s terms and conditions and/or how they have instructed you to return the item.

Your next steps

We would suggest you to put your complaint in writing which can be seen as a more formal approach to the trader. The Citizen Advice website has template letters  available that you may find useful and give yourself guidance. What we would suggest is if you decide to send a letter, we advise recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself, this starts the paper trail between yourself and the trader; however it is also proof of postage.

Please be aware that if the product is on finance, you will need to pursue the finance company rather than the trader for any remedy, as this is whom your contract in law is with.

Additionally, or if you have already followed the above steps, we would advise you to see if the trader has a complaints procedure and is part of an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme, this is abbreviated to ‘ADR’. What these schemes do is act as a mediator between two parties to help come to a resolution sooner than going to court.

There is a link to our website here, which details the ADR process in greater detail: Alternative Dispute Resolution.

If you are unable to get your situation resolved following the above steps, you would then need to pursue the matter through the small claims court. You can make a claim via their website here Small Claims Court. Please be aware however, you will need to have exhausted all other steps first before issuing any claim as a Judge will ask you to demonstrate what practical steps you have taken to resolve the situation with the Trader first.

What we’ll do

We will notify Trading Standards, whilst this does not help to resolve your specific issue it does give Trading Standards vital intelligence of how the trader is operating their business. If Trading Standards require any further information, they will be in touch.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact the Citizens Advice consumer service by return email or on 03454 04 05 06, quoting, your reference number.

Kind regards,

Paul

Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Tel: 03454 04 05 06

Web: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

0 Likes