Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung "the Frame" connection to NAD C368 amplifier

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 02:37 PM)
Blckstn
First Poster
Options

Hi - I'm new to this community... I recently purchased a 49 inch Samsung 'The Frame' television (UE49LS03NAS). I'm pleasantly surprised for the upgrade after my dated Sony device! While the sound quality of the Frame is allegedly of decent quality (...), I want to have the ability to get tv sound over my speaker via my NAD C368 amp. I connected the tv via an optical cable, without intervening converters or DAC's to my NAD and after selecting PCM output on the tv, the tv prompts for a setup of the Samsung remote. In this setup, the tv attempts to configure the remote to work with the amp (volume and power on/off toggling), but seemingly cannot, at least not automatically. The manual setup fails subsequently on the power test (to try to toggle the power on/off on the amp), seemingly because the NAD C368 is not in the list of supported amps. Now volume control works, power on/off toggling does not. 

Now, I really want this functionality to work as I have the amp in a closed cupboard. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work in a roundabout way.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
mannemannen
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Interested in a solution as well

LarsRefs
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem (with a Q82R TV), i.e. setting up the "universal" remote to work with my C 356BEE amp. from NAD. Really looking forward to a solution to this problem, as for the moment I have to use both remotes.

0 Likes
geir7777
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my NAD C368 and Samsung 7—series 65’’ 2017. Optical connection. NAD product list is not updated in TV menu. No function from TV-remote at all. Any solution by now?

0 Likes
Richard_990
First Poster
Options

I can confirm that this remains an issue in 2023. I purchased a NAD C388 and it doesn't work with the remote provided by samsung. Is there any news on NAD compatibility?

0 Likes
gr3k
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung oled s90c and NAD C368. Similar like others, C368 is missing. I connected via optical cable
Temporary workaround is to 'confirm' default NAD ,even when amp do not power off/on. Then at least volume up/down is working. 

Looking forward than Samsung update a list of NAD amps .

0 Likes