Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung q8fn screen uniformity

(Topic created on: 07-04-2019 04:14 PM)
Albrock
First Poster
Options

Just purchased 75 inch Q8FN last week. There seems to be a lot of clouding and light bleeding and overall screen uniformity. Has anyone found a fix for this? I'd expect better quality for $3500. I'd prefer not to have to upgrade to the Q9FN for a better picture. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Albrock: Where did you purchase the TV from? Do you have any external devices connected to it such as a cable/satellite box? Have you tried adjusting the picture in the settings to see if you're able to address any of the issues (Settings > Picture Mode). To make fine adjustments you can press the Up directional arrow on the remote and select 'Picture Setup'.
0 Likes
Albrock
First Poster
Options

I've done all of what you mentioned. I've adjusted the picture several times. Unplugged the TV and everything connected to the TV. I purchased the TV at best buy.

0 Likes
WJA
Journeyman
Options

Albrock, 

I feel your pain. Don’t let them tell you it’s tour devices, uniformity issues are within the panel. I personally went thru 4 Q8FNs from Best Buy, all were defected to the point the Samsung tech said each needed a new panel. I kept exchanging them at Best Buy until my 4th Q8FN, I finally allowed Samsung to replace the panel...1st one arrive with cracks inside the screen and the 2nd had 11 horizontal bands.

I do wish you best of luck with your issue. I been playing Samsung’s QLED panel lottery since January and still playing. Just paid them to upgrade to a 2019 model and wow, way worse. 24 vertical and 12 horizontal bands creating 288 squares on the screen. Tech immediately said the panel was bad and needed to be replaced. They are sending me a new one again, but I’m starting to feel all Samsung’s TVs have bad panels. Again, so wish you best of luck. 

0 Likes
WJA
Journeyman
Options

My Current Q8 SekiroSekiro

Division 2Division 2

0 Likes