Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung mu6120 55" hd/4k screen issue

(Topic created on: 23-08-2018 05:52 PM)
Ryan26
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung mu6120 55" 4k smart tv. It's a great tv but I'm having a problem with the screen. Basically if I watch anything in hd or 4k such as tv, xbox, etc. The screen zooms into the top left corner. Imagine the 4 quarters of the tv screen. This tv picture is zoomed into the top left corner. What's the problem? Thanks :winking-face:

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Michael15743
First Poster
Options

I turned my TV on and all of a sudden had the same issue with the picture only in the top left quadrant and blurryness and glitches in all other quadrants. The Netflix and ESPN home pages filled the entire screen but when I would try to watch a selection, the choice would resort to problematic picture. After trying Settings and everything to no avail, I held down the power button and it did a soft reset. Turned it back on and all is well and no issues. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Ryan26
To troubleshoot the issue please can you press the Home button on your remote followed by Settings > Picture > Picture Size > Zoom and Position and look to see if you're able to return the screen to its default settings. Similarly, if you go to Settings > Picture > Picture Size > Picture Size Settings and select '16:9 Standard'.
Secondly, while playing a video or recorded content, press the Select button on your remote and a series of options will appear e.g. Play/Pause, Previous/Next, and look for a 'Zoom' option to make sure its not zoomed in manually.
AndrewL
Options
Apologies @Ryan26

Think I got the wrong end of the stick with your original query. If the whole picture is sitting in the top left of the screen then you may have Picture In Picture active. Go to Smart Hub on your TV and select Settings > Picture In Picture (While using a connected external device, you can watch a TV broadcast in a small picture-in-picture (PIP) window).
Ryan26
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've gone into the picture settings but it won't let me change the picture size settings but it is set to 16:9 standard. I've also just noticed it's just started happening on none-hd stuff as well. Things like the volume and channel info bar are in the right place. It's just the picture that's zoomed in. Thanks 👍as you can see below the actual picture on everything is zoomed into the top left corner.20180823_192242.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
It may be a resolution or connection issue, @Ryan26. Please can you confirm what you are using to connect your external device to your TV? Does the issue occur if you unplug/disconnect the devices? In the meantime I'd recommend checking the output resolution to ensure it meets the specifications of the TV, as well as enabling HMDI UHD Color by going to Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color > On. If you have connected your TV to your Xbox then you should also check the internal settings to see if the TV is calibrated correctly.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
It may be a resolution or connection issue, @Ryan26. Please can you confirm what you are using to connect your external device to your TV? Does the issue occur if you unplug/disconnect the devices? In the meantime I'd recommend checking the output resolution to ensure it meets the specifications of the TV, as well as enabling HMDI UHD Color by going to Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color > On. If you have connected your TV to your Xbox then you should also check the internal settings to see if the TV is calibrated correctly.

Always report any faults straight away to your retailer as they are legally responsible and before the 4 weeks is up 

Paul 

Ryan26
Journeyman
Options

Hi, sorry for the late reply but I went into the settings, changed nothing, came back out and it's back to normal and no problems since. Thanks for helping and I'll let you all know if it does it again ;). (I didn't change any settings it just went back to normal, and no settings where changed when the problem occured) :smiling-face: 👍

0 Likes
Solution
Michael15743
First Poster
Options

I turned my TV on and all of a sudden had the same issue with the picture only in the top left quadrant and blurryness and glitches in all other quadrants. The Netflix and ESPN home pages filled the entire screen but when I would try to watch a selection, the choice would resort to problematic picture. After trying Settings and everything to no avail, I held down the power button and it did a soft reset. Turned it back on and all is well and no issues. Hope this helps.

Redheadhaylee
First Poster
Options
THIS! Thank you! Soft reset worked
0 Likes
Joe33331
First Poster
Options
THANK YOU! THIS WORKED!!! :smiling-face:
0 Likes