Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE75MU8000 intermittent black flashing screen when using Bluray player

(Topic created on: 03-04-2018 08:55 AM)
Anandp
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Have the Samsung UE75MU8000 TV running the latest firmware player, along with the Sony ST-DN1080 AV reciever and Samsung UBD-M9500 UHD Blu Ray player.

Occasionally, after a few days when the source is the UHD player, I start to get intermittent flickering black screen. Looks like signal is dropping out and comming back in every 5 seconds or so. This only happens when the source on my Sony AV reciever is the Samsung UHD Blu ray player. 

If I power cycle the TV, it seems to stop happening for a few days (but eventually starts to suddenly happen). It doesn't matter if i'm watching a bluray, in a BD menu of using the Smarthub on the blu ray player - same issue.

I have other 4KUHD sources connected to the AV reciever - AppleTV 4K and PS4 Pro and the issue never occurs with these, i.e. switching to the BD player causes the issue to occur again.

All devices are running the latest firmware and i'm using Premium HD certified High-Speed UHD cables.

Thanks

Anand

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Anand,

I have the same Bluray player, and found my screen blanked completely if I selected HDMI Colour Format or HDMI Deep Colour (cannot remember which one!) to on - so might be worth playing with those settings to see if there any improvements?

0 Likes
Chinaski
First Poster
Options

How did you get it out of deep color mode? I innocently pressed that ***** button and I've got nothing but black screen now. Menu will show up for split second and then the darkness. Thank you.

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Chinaski - that is a very good question???

I think I turned the bluray off then selected the HD colour in the setup menu for the tv - which then allowed me to see the player menu and deselect it - I think?!?!

I know I had to juggle between different menus and it was a right royal pain in the *****!

0 Likes