Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE65MU7002 turns on (2-4times) by itself during night.

(Topic created on: 01-01-2018 07:24 AM)
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

I have just purchased this tv and at night it keeps turning itself on, I have set to box (vu+solo 4k HDMI3)  and home cinema (onkyo+BD samsung HDMI4) connected.
Any idea, how I can solve that by normal user friendly way.

I know I can switch it off at the main power supply, turn off HDMI-CEC, but that shouldn't be the answer.

0 Likes
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
szocher
Explorer
Options
Try this: ) Settings ) Broadcasting ) Auto Tuning Settings ) Wake-up Timer
Baz140
First Poster
Options

Another fix that works fine now on my Samsung TV...with a Sony Sound bar and a SKY+ box, that keeped switching on anytime it felt like it.

Plug HDMI cable from the SKY BOX  to the  Samsung TV  into the HDMI socket4 the ARC one,

Then  the HDMI  cable  from the sound system into one of the spare (NONE ARC HDMI) sockets, 

you now have control of the sound system through the tv control BUT no sound, you must then connect the Opticle cable from the sound system to the opticle connection on the Samsung TV, make sure you have selected (HDMI)  in the Samsung TV (Audio Source selection) NOT OPTICLE , you should now be able to  hear the sound via opticle and control via the HDMI.. Good Luck.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Baz140 wrote:

Another fix that works fine now on my Samsung TV...with a Sony Sound bar and a SKY+ box, that keeped switching on anytime it felt like it.

Plug HDMI cable from the SKY BOX  to the  Samsung TV  into the HDMI socket4 the ARC one,

Then  the HDMI  cable  from the sound system into one of the spare (NONE ARC HDMI) sockets, 

you now have control of the sound system through the tv control BUT no sound, you must then connect the Optical cable from the sound system to the optical connection on the Samsung TV, make sure you have selected (HDMI)  in the Samsung TV (Audio Source selection) NOT Optical , you should now be able to  hear the sound via optical and control via the HDMI.. Good Luck.

Problem with that is the HDMI ARC can send a Dolby Digital + feed whereas the optical can only send a basic Dolby Digital feed. My nephew also has a Samsung Smart TV that does the same, and he turns everything off at night. I think it is a fault because not all Samsung TV's do this, yet because it is intermittent I think Samsung are having issues sorting it, or like with scheduled recording just will not admit there is a fault on these TV's which do this. I would if in warranty report it as a fault because the TV should not switch on by itself full stop.

0 Likes
extreme_jon
First Poster
Options

What exactly was the solution? Is your Onkyo receiver not compatible? Is there a list of compatible receivers? I'm having the same issue with a Pioneer Elite receiver.

0 Likes