Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE65MU7002 turns on (2-4times) by itself during night.

(Topic created on: 02-01-2018 10:27 AM)
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

I have just purchased this tv and at night it keeps turning itself on, I have set to box (vu+solo 4k HDMI3)  and home cinema (onkyo+BD samsung HDMI4) connected.
Any idea, how I can solve that by normal user friendly way.

I know I can switch it off at the main power supply, turn off HDMI-CEC, but that shouldn't be the answer.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
roydonaldson
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried disabling HDMI-CEC and see if that makes a difference ? If another device is telling the TV to turn on via HDMI-CEC then it will.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Look on ks refund forum, use the Which link tool and send it back as faulty. You should have a TV that works out of the box.

Paul

Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

Why should I stop it. So far, it has worked on an older TV (also Samsung). I think the same set of devices and the same settings.
It is the shame of samsung that they have such problems - many cases on this forum.
Maybe I have it - tonight the TV did not turn on. Probably it is for automatic actualization of firmware. I will try tonight and I hope it will be ok.

paul1277
Yes, you have right. Perfect solution.
0 Likes
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options
The experiment did not work - three times started (3am - 5am). I'm starting to hate TV from Samsung.

roydonaldson - I do not want to turn off HDMI-CEC. Previous TV worked preferentially. If I turn it off, I do not need to pay for these Samsung features.

0 Likes
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

Next try - Turn off VU + to enable turn on TV via HDMI-CEC. Only this one option from HDMI-CEC. Whether it would finally be the right thing,

0 Likes
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

Its not working. I am disappointed. I have tried all the possible combination connections, but it still does not work. Either switches on the TV at night, or does not switch on the receiver, or switches the audio format or switches to the wrong input of the receiver ... Samsung did not control via HDMI-CEC.

0 Likes
Adam2000
First Poster
Options

I also have same issue with Samsung 65 MU7070 (UK Version of MU8000).

Yamaha Soundbar YSP2500 plugged into HDMI ARC with HDMI CEC enabled. When I leave the TV in standby it comes on every hour or so and over night. Ran a number of tests and have isolated issue to HDMI 4 when  ARC device plugged in. If I plug another HDMI device such as Blu Ray or apple tv in to HDMI 4 there appears to be no issue.

Current workaround is to use optical connection for my sound bar but have lost convenience of automated sound bar power on and off and one remote volume control. Was thinking this was an issue with my sound bar but sounds like a common issue for lots of people.

Really frustrating.  Also I swapped my MU7070 TV for another MU7070  and had same issue so definitely a common problem for all sets. Checked the US Community forums and they also have same issue with this TV (Which is MU8000 in US) 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/2017-Samsung-MU8000-Turns-itself-on/m-p/246631#M27154

Samsung - have you logged this as a fault and when will this be resolved?

Solution
Raspel_1
Journeyman
Options

Result of yesterday's inspection of the Service.
Incompatibility of AV Receiver (ONKYO TX-NR709), Satellite Tuner (VU + SOLO 4K) and TV.
Thank you very much for such a solution. I know what recommendations I will make on Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Marek1970
Student
Options

I have a UE55MU6105 that has the same problem. I have a Yamaha Soundbar (YSP-2700) sonnected via HDMI (Arc) and my TV also turnes on several times a day/night. When I unplug the HDMI cable that is connected between the soundbar and TV there is no problem. Have the latest firmware and has also made a factory reset. Samsung has also been connected to my TV via remote and has reset the HDMI Ports. But none of this has solved the problem. Now Samsung will not help anymore. They claim that it is not a garanty that it will work with other brands connected. Before I had a Sony TV connected in the completly same setup and here there were no problems. So I think Samsung has a problem in their TV's as this is not the only complain about this problem......

0 Likes