Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE55NU7100 - No Ethernet Cable Detected

(Topic created on: 28-01-2019 04:46 PM)
Orias
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I am hoping this isn't a technical issue, but I'm worried that it might be. I have a new Samsung UE55NU7100 TV, but I'm having trouble getting it to recognise the wired connection. Wireless is ok, but the wired connection just says "No Ethernet Cable Detected". So this isn't the more common problem of needing the change the DNS, it's not recongising the cable at all. The little green indicator light on the ethernet connection also isn't coming on (and yes, made sure the cable is well and truly clicked into place).

This sounds like a hardware issue to me, but I wanted to check just in case. We had such bad luck with this TV so far ... this is the 3rd one we've recieved:

1st one: Stolen by delivery company
2nd one: Turned off after 5 minutes constantly
3rd one: Potentially faulty ethernet connector

I'm worried that the company I bought it from are going to start thinking I'm scamming them or something. But we genuinely keep getting faulty units!

Any help would be great!
Cheers!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Orias.

We're sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. Have you been able to try a different ethernet cable to rule this out of the equation?

0 Likes
Orias
Apprentice
Options
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we've tried a separate Ethernet cable, even tried CAT5 and CAT6 to be sure. We've also tested the connection directly on a laptop, and it works fine. It's just as soon as it's plugged into the TV that it no longer works. I'm almost too embarassed to have to ask for another replacement now!! 😛

Cheers
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let's try a reset on the TV, @Orias. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Note, any changes to settings you may have made will be defaulted to the standard settings the TV came with.

0 Likes
Orias
Apprentice
Options
Good plan! I'll give that a shot once I'm home from work this evening!
Thanks again,

Cheers, James
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, James. Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Solution
Orias
Apprentice
Options

So ... strangely, we got it working!

But not by resetting! Just by using a shorter length of ethernet cable! We'd tried 2 brand new 5m cables before, and neither of those worked in the TV, but worked perfectly in a laptop. But a 1m length of CAT6 cable worked fine in the TV!! 

Not really sure why it worked, but I'm guessing that the ethernet adapter in the TV might be very picky!!

So, for now, problem solved!
Thanks again,

Cheers, 
James

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, James. Great to hear you've come up with a fix! Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
Anzax
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Until yesterday it was working fine, but I had to take my tv down to adjust the wall mount and I forgot to put the Ethernet cable in. 

Took it down and connected it back up and now it's saying there is no cable inserted , I thought maybe the cable was damaged, but when I changed it to one I've used many times before, nothing changed, still won't recognise it. 

tried resetting the network. 
restarting router. 
changing chords (as mentioned) 

unplugging tv 

nothings working. 
This is like the 4th weekend I've wasted trying to fix Samsung bugs, like the above user I had to return the Samsung q90r soundbar as the rear speakers wouldn't connect. I had the same problem once my son unplugged them yesterday and was told by Samsung workers on the live chat that I would need to return it again. And like the commenter above, I was staring to worry that the store I bought it from thought I was scamming them. Thankfully I fixed it on my own, after trying something none of the 8 Samsung workers told me and that was holding the id set button on the soundbar. 

anyway I digress, but I just wanted to illustrate all the trouble Samsung has put me through and being an Apple user, I guess I'm just used to better quality products, products that akways work, ALL THE TIME and if they don't Apple will bend over backwards to accomodate. Whereas the Samsung workers don't even seem

to understand the products they're meant to be helping you with, one worker even told me to check that my speaker wire wasn't damaged.....uh the Samsung q90r is a wireless setup????? And there's plenty more I could add, but this is not the place. 

ill probably get told by the Samsung workers to return this tv now, which btw is the same as the above person, the nu7100 65 inch.  But I just don't understand why Samsung puts out such buggy products and why people swear by them, all the people I know that swear Samsung is better than apple, make me think they've just gotten used to products catching on fire in their pockets and constantly being bug ridden. 

im willing to bet money, that Mt problem will not be resolved and I'll likely get told to visit my local registered provider. 

well Samsung balls in your court, I hope you prove me wrong, I'm really tired of this substandard service and wasting all my free time adressimg stupid bugs that a 1st rate business would never release in the first place. In saying that though, the q90r has fantastic sound for a soundbar. So credit where it's due. 

0 Likes
FrancoisOdendaal
First Poster
Options

How did you fix it yourself? I'm having the same problem with ru8000. Just not recognizing cable. New cat7 cable. Did test it on other devices. 

0 Likes