Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55KU6500 TV - wifi problem

(Topic created on: 10-12-2017 10:28 PM)
ukBurt
First Poster
Options

Hi,

First time poster, so go easy on me :smiling-face:

I've had my TV for around a year and love it. To date it has been trouble-free.

However, last night we decided to watch The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime, and it wouldn't connect. We tried other online services too (e.g. Netflix) and the result was the same.

There is no problem with my router (it works, there are plenty of other devices attached to it) and there is no problem with the signal strength.

Settings - Network - Network Status: It only tests for a wired connection, and because the TV is not wired the error message "Wired network connection failed", and there are a bunch of zeros against IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server. There are some numbers/letters against MAC Address.

Settings - Network - Open Network Settings: This gets me to the "Network Type" screen, with "How do you connect to the internet". When I select "Wireless" from the two options ("Wireless" and "Wired"), it says "Checking wireless network connection" for a while with a spinning wheel and then it stops and goes back to the two options. There is nothing else, e.g. networks to select and connect to.

Help!!

Thanks in advance.

Burt

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
shawny
Journeyman
Options

Similar problem with my ES6300 model, and my neighbour has same problem with their Samsung TV - different model.

I contacted Samsung via Facebook, and I was advised to update the firmware to the latest - this I've done, but did not resolve the problem - it removed the update on-line option (see video 2)

I've also contacted Samsung Customer services on 24th Nov 

"I am writing to you to raise an issue about Electrical Products at Samsung on November 24th, 2017.

UE37ES6300U TV no longer connects wirlessly to broadband router.

It seems this has happened during a firmware update.

Current firmware : 2008.

I look forward to a prompt response."

After receiving no response, I've escalated this to their Executive Customer Service Team on the 22nd Dec.

"Dear Executive customer services team,

UE37ES6300U TV

I am writing to complain about an issue with Electrical Products .

I have already raised my issue within your organisation, but I feel that my issue is still unresolved, hence my need to involve you in helping to resolve this problem."

I am still awaiting responses....

It's anoying when you received automated responses, without any further contact (hence the reasoning of escalting to the Executive Customer Services Team)

"We are working hard to answer this enquiry to your satisfaction. Please allow 5 to 7 days for us to process your request. Should there be any additional requirements, a member of our helpful support team will be in contact with you shortly." 

i also forwarded onto them the following video file links....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p98x8ygks00xayp/AAAk-5hH01yeTX9groOYsPgxa?dl=0 
Video0001 - no wifi network settings 
Video0002 - no online update option 

0 Likes
ukBurt
First Poster
Options

Hi Shawny,

Just curious to see whether Samsung ever got back to you, or whether they actually meant for you to allow 5 to 7 months rather than days before they get back to you? :smiling-face:

0 Likes
shawny
Journeyman
Options

@ukBurt wrote:

Hi Shawny,

Just curious to see whether Samsung ever got back to you, or whether they actually meant for you to allow 5 to 7 months rather than days before they get back to you? :smiling-face:

well its been two months since I contacted Samsung on 24th Nov.... apart from their automated response of them going to contact be within 5 to 7 days, they have yet to respond.

reminder emails sent;-

11th Dec, 22nd Dec, 3rd Jan, 10th Jan and 16th Jan - but no response.

I did manage to contact Samsung via Livechat on 10th Jan, and explained the situation, but all they could advise was to get the TV repaired by a local Samsung repairer -  I was to pay the cost !

I explained that I've escalated the problem to the CEO - They should have put this note on their records, and you'd think I would have been contacted by now.

Contacting local repairer - It too a second atempt ! and they are willing to look at the TV, but will cost be a £60 call out fee - but they wouldn't confirm , if I would be refunded, if found that the Wi-fo module was not at fault.

I explained that there was too many owners, having the same problem, for it to be a Wi-fi module fault!

0 Likes