Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55KS8000 failure

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 01:26 PM)
Makis_75
First Poster
Options

Recently my Samsung 55'' UHD 4K TV (UE55 KS8000 LXXH), suddenly started displaying only these vertical lines shown on the picture and nothing else (no menus, settings, volume,etc). The sound of the tv channel continued normally.

I bought this TV in November 2016, so it is only 3 years and 2 months old and unfortunately out of waranty.

An authorized Samsung technician came home to see it and within 10 minutes, without even touching a screwdriver, came to the conclusion than it is a faulty panel and told me an estimated price of about 700 euro for the spare panel excluding the replacement fee. Also, although I asked him for a written statement of his diagnosis via email, he avoided to do so. 

Moreover, I called the support telephone center here in Greece and they told me that they can't do anything about it.

It is disapointing to see that kind of customer support from Samsung. Also, I used to believe that Samsung TV are reliable since it is considered as a "premium " TV brand.

It is certain that my bad experience whith this TV and the lack of support, is going to make me exclude all future Samsung products (TV, mobile phones, etc) from consideration and also to express my dissatisfaction to my friends or relatives.
IMG_20200124_140422_1.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Stephen8
First Poster
Options

hello,

I have has the Samsung UE55KS800 for 3 years and only last night my screen suddenly went to vertical lines and I am unable to sort it out. Can anyone help please as I am sure a TV should last longer than 3 years!!!

Regards

Stephen

0 Likes
Makis_75
First Poster
Options
Hello,
Unfortunately I didn’t find any help from Samsung representatives, so I bought a new Sony TV (with a 5 year guarantee) and swore not to buy a Samsung product again in my life.
Sorry for not being much of a help.
Best regards!
0 Likes
Constantin
Student
Options

It’s very easy to repair 

You must change 4 resistors, 22Ohm , and remove 8 chips from display electronic 

you can find tutorial in YouTube 

MadsJ
Student
Options

Hello Constantin

It’s good to read 👍. Please help further with a link to a tutorial on YouTube 👍

best/

mads

0 Likes
Constantin
Student
Options

Resistor changed, chip removed and tv working again. 
thanks for tip. 

0 Likes
MadsJ
Student
Options

Hello Constantin

Thanks for your quick reply. J have an great idea 👍

Could I call you on Messenger, and you could show me where on my mainboard with Build-in t-von, you have changed resistor and chip?

Best/

Mads

0 Likes
MadsJ
Student
Options

Hi Constantin

As an alternative, I would like to, next week, upload a photo of my Mainboard with Build-in T-con. 
Can you spare some of your time and knowledge?

Best/

Mads

0 Likes
MadsJ
Student
Options

Hello Constantin 👍
If you can help me and others, and point out with explaining what you have done, it would be great. 

75F34DFA-07C7-4396-B273-AE14F543BF52.jpeg

Best/
Mads

0 Likes
MadsJ
Student
Options

Hello Constantin

Do you by any chance have the time to comment how you fixed your mainboard? I have posted a pic. of mine. 

Best/
Mads

0 Likes