Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE42F5000 TV - Bottom Half of Screen Dim

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 10:52 AM)
drummernaught
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a 42 inch Samsung UE42F5000 LED TV. It has been absolutely fine up until earlier today, about half of the screen has become dark/dim. It was sat idle on a Youtube video and it was not because of a fault of my doing.

I've tried resetting, software update, turning it off and on, unplugging it, waiting a minute and plugging it back in. What has happened, why, and what do I need to do to fix it?

_20200325_191956.JPG

Thank you.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @drummernaught 

Is the TV still displaying programmes? Does the Menu function still work?

0 Likes
drummernaught
First Poster
Options
Hi, yep! All functions are as normal, nothing has changed except for the dim on the screen.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could you try a picture test for us? Go to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test.

0 Likes
drummernaught
First Poster
Options

_20200329_104022.JPG

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Yes, it is still there. Try heading to: Menu > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset Picture. If that doesn't help, you can do a Factory Reset of the TV: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

0 Likes
drummernaught
First Poster
Options
Hi, I've tried that a few times and unfortunately changes nothing.
0 Likes
drummernaught
First Poster
Options
So what are my options?
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @drummernaught,

This will require a repair. Please reach out to our Team to arrange this, the best way to speak to them at the moment is through our Live Chat service: http://spr.ly/61831tBxL

0 Likes
Brian504
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung is doing this exact thing.  Did you find a solution? I am so confused 

0 Likes